News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proform 750 street fuel feed line

Started by grdprx, May 28, 2019, 06:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

I decided to upgrade to the Proform 750 street carburetor from my Eddy 1406, although I'm having trouble finding a budget fuel feed line for the carb.  I ordered the wrong size when I ordered the carburetor because there weren't specs for what size I needed, which was 9.5" center to center.  I found a Mr. Gasket tube kit at the local Orielly's that fit, at 8 5/8", but it ends an inch from the distributor, so it'll pinch the fuel hose when I hook it up.  No bueno... 
So, I'm wondering what all my fellow Charger owners are doing for fuel line plumbing.  I have a 440 with stock intake manifold.

firefighter3931

Best way to fix that problem would be to install a 1in spacer. The phenolic 4 hole is what I used on mine. The phenolic spacer will raise the carb allowing fuel line clearance and insulate the carb preventing vapor lock.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

c00nhunterjoe

I plumbed mine to the rear to keep the heat away from the lines.

c00nhunterjoe

Sorry for the poor file type.

grdprx

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 28, 2019, 08:35:43 PM

Is that an adjustable setup?  Based on a little research the 8 5/8" size is based off an old 3310 Holley carb, so my options may be limited.

303 Mopar

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 28, 2019, 07:02:27 PM
Best way to fix that problem would be to install a 1in spacer. The phenolic 4 hole is what I used on mine. The phenolic spacer will raise the carb allowing fuel line clearance and insulate the carb preventing vapor lock.

Ron

Depending on his air cleaner, he may start to run into hood clearance issues.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

b5blue

I made a "T" with a compression fitting and tubing from Advanced Auto, you can buy a pre made correct flair and fitting tubing lone enough to make the whole thing out of 3/8. The T is between carb inputs and 90* forward any way you want to route it. (Yes I have spacer under carb also.)

Charger_Dart

Quote from: b5blue on May 29, 2019, 11:39:21 AM
I made a "T" with a compression fitting and tubing from Advanced Auto, you can buy a pre made correct flair and fitting tubing lone enough to make the whole thing out of 3/8. The T is between carb inputs and 90* forward any way you want to route it. (Yes I have spacer under carb also.)

I agree, thats what I did. I have a carb spacer and drop base air cleaner which all fit under the hood.
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

grdprx

Quote from: Charger_Dart on May 29, 2019, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: b5blue on May 29, 2019, 11:39:21 AM

I agree, thats what I did. I have a carb spacer and drop base air cleaner which all fit under the hood.

That's pretty sharp looking!  Thanks for the picture.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: grdprx on May 29, 2019, 08:54:32 AM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 28, 2019, 08:35:43 PM

Is that an adjustable setup?  Based on a little research the 8 5/8" size is based off an old 3310 Holley carb, so my options may be limited.

Yes, it is a handmade line.

firefighter3931

Here's a pic of mine with the old 446 and 1in spacer using a generic chrome dual feed fuel line. Raising the carb allows the fuel line to clear the distributor cap.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

grdprx

Thanks Ron!  That's the route I ended up going.  I attempted tube bending, but that didn't end well, so I retreated to this option.  Thanks to all who offered suggestions, now comes the carb tuning! (Novice I am)