News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proper jack stand placement

Started by BeeerSlayer, August 11, 2019, 06:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeerSlayer

Hello, I need a little help. I don't own an original charger as much as I would love to. I do have a 08 charger and I'm going to replace all the breaks. I don't have a lift so I will be doing it on the ground. I want to put it up on jack stands but I am not sure where I can safely put the stands. I have tried to search this on the net but cant find anything on this car. I see a few places that look solid but I'm used to cars with an actual frame and just not sure. Thanks

BeeerSlayer

wow! I thought this was a place where people help each other out, share their knowledge! guess not 

alfaitalia

You are on the wrong site for new Charger info.......this site is for classic Chargers. Im sure someone who happens to have a nerw Charger will know the answer and will be along in a while....you only posted about 12 hours ago....its been night time since then! Or try a new model Charger site. Oh....And its brakes...not breaks!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

John_Kunkel

Yes, you'll get more help on a LX forum like  http://www.lxforums.com/board/  or, better yet, get a service manual PDF. In the mean time:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JB400

If all possible, I usually put them under the lower control arm of the vehicle, unless I'm replacing ball joints.