News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Upper Door Pad Install

Started by Dano 1, November 02, 2020, 02:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano 1

My interior is almost back together, one of the last pieces of the puzzle are the upper door pads. I have both original pads but they were not installed on the car when I got it. I went to mock them up and it looks like the door felt stainless is supposed to fit overtop of the door pad but the lip of the felt is tight to the metal door frame with no room to slide the pad underneath. Is it correct to have the window felt lip on top of the door pad? If so, do I need to pop the felt off, install the door pad, then reinstall the felt? Thanks!

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

hemi68charger

Dano..

Yes, the pad fits under the pad... I always position the sweeps in the slots, but don't push down all the way.. Or, you can put your pad on like normal. Then the sweeps fit into the slots and lip OVER the pads.. I have seen so many people over the years discard the originals and put the aftermarkets on them. Works fine for non-Charger B-bodies, but not Chargers... Looks bad..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dano 1

Thanks, that's exactly what I was afraid of because it means removing my really nice original felts in order to properly install the door panels. Has anyone successfully removed/re-installed OEM felts without damaging them? Any good tips/tricks? Thanks!

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

hemi68charger

I don't think so..... Usually the interior window sweeps survive pretty well on Chargers...... The outside, no......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dano 1

Gotcha, I'll give it a shot and see what happens thanks again for your help!

www.nextgendesignsnc.com