News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When do you say when?

Started by lloyd3, May 30, 2019, 07:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montclaire

Put some disc brakes on the car.  Then add your son to the title as co-owner before your wife takes half of it.

Troy

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 01, 2019, 06:14:00 PM
I can't believe my post offended anyone enough to delete it....the man was a knob and deserved it.....another site I frequent has started being a bit "big brother" and deleting posts that snowdrops might get upset by...dont let this forum go the same way please.
There's not much point in leaving your response to a post that is no longer here. That would be silly and confusing.

I'm sorry that you have not noticed that we routinely remove personal attacks from the site. We've only been doing it since 2005. It's noted in the Terms of Service. Nothing has changed. It's one of the very few things that we will edit.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DanielRobert

Been there........I had a car that I restored and loved(1968 442 convertible 4 speed) my kids grew up with the car......when I got divorced, the car took on new meaning and I enjoyed it more than when I was married. I eventually sold it after all the memories and I don't regret it. I had 15 years with it and there's alot of cars I want to own so I moved on. Just don't let someone else( wifey or anyone here) tell you what to do with it. I think you already know whats right for you....just make sure its YOUR decision
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

OldGuy

Quote from: RECHRGD on June 01, 2019, 01:22:45 PM
After 21 years I sold mine last year.  I Don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would.  Working on it wasn't fun anymore at my age and was tired of worrying about it all the time.  I didn't enjoy the attention while driving it and, in general, just lost my passion for it.  It's now bringing joy to a much younger guy and that's a good thing.

RECHRGD - just sold my 1969 this month after 22 years.  I agree with everything you mentioned.  Mine just sat in the garage all winter and only took it to a few shows during the summer.  It was time to let someone else enjoy it.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

triple_green

Two of the Chargers from the original Dodge Charger Meet in Kent, Wa in (2001?) sold, sad times, but good for you for doing what is right for you and someone new gets to enjoy your Charger,

RECHRGD and OldGuy
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

wingcarenvy

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 02, 2019, 05:37:34 PM
I appreciate all the feedback folks, thank you.  My personal life is my bigger problem, not the car.  My marrage is still rocky and my 15-year old is driving now.  Space for cars in my driveway (and garage) is at a serious premium these days.  And...he's absolutely stricken anytime I even mention getting rid of the car, although I know these cars are simply not safe in modern Denver traffic anymore.  Drum brakes and 6-lanes of combat traffic is a receipe for disaster with an inexperienced driver.  I've talked it over with my family and they want me to wait at least a year before revisiting selling the car.  So I just went out and rolled up my sleeves and fixed the battery problem.  It also appears that my power steering pump is low on fluid.  I was in a very bad place the other day when I wrote my first missive, my health, my work, and my marrage are all very challanging at the moment. The car caught me at a low point and I just felt overwealmed.  Forgive me, but it all seems a bit better today.  God willing, I'll continue to soldier on.

Man, I am sorry to hear that you are going through some rough times. I could tell by your post that there was more to it. I hope that things improve for you. I know that ripping through the gears is great therapy for me but more importantly, if your 15 year old is interested, then maybe it might become a good chance for some father/son bonding. Obviously you are not going to hand over the keys and let him have at it but maybe it could be something you could let him drive and you ride shotgun.