News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird cluster resto? Hope it was the right thing to do?

Started by graybo, June 04, 2019, 08:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

I refaced my cluster for my bird.  I couldn't stand restoring a car and not making the old brown aged numbers look new and white.  I don't know if this is frowned upon for original cars...but I wouldn't buy a car with crappy looking gauge cluster. 

graybo

I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tried to attach all the pics but this site will not allow me.......   :brickwall:  I wanted to show all the pics of my resto.. but this site kills me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Oh well.  Hope you all see it when its done. 

billssuperbird

Mopar John

Quote from: graybo on June 04, 2019, 08:54:17 PM
I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tried to attach all the pics but this site will not allow me.......   :brickwall:  I wanted to show all the pics of my resto.. but this site kills me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Oh well.  Hope you all see it when its done. 
John,
Don't give up!
When I started on this site I had the same issues!
Start out with a short reply and just one picture.
That way if things go bad you won't have a bunch of time involved.
Once you have made a reply and it gets kicked out your better off to start over.
Also once you have attached a picture and it doesn't take you have to change the name of the picture or it will kick it out!
You need to make sure each picture you attach is 400KB or less.
Once you make a mistake and try to correct things just get worse!
You have a lot of original pictures that we as a group need to see!
MJ

held1823

send them to me and i can resize them for you.  it is my user id name here, at hotmail .com if you choose to do so.

whatever you do, do not save a compressed photo over top of your larger originals

this program is fairly simple to use and best of all, it makes a copy of the edited photo, preserving the original

https://www.nchsoftware.com/imageconverter/index.html
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

62 Max

Quote from: graybo on June 04, 2019, 08:54:17 PM

What are you using to take pictures,ideal pixel size recommended for internet picture is 640x480,you should be able to change setting on whatever device you are using.

graybo

look how clean the rest of the odometer numbers stayed unexposed to the elements.

graybo

odo looks good for being older than me! 

graybo

graybo

DonC1

Looks great. How'd you clean it?..and set the odo back?

graybo

Quote from: DonC1 on June 07, 2019, 09:05:24 PM
Looks great. How'd you clean it?..and set the odo back?

I cleaned the surfaces with degreaser.  Then applied the new decals with soap, water and a heat gun.  I just pulled the odometer wheel, applied new decals where they were and put it back in with my original mileage. 

RammJaeger

Ah so those are decals? I was hoping you had a way to get the yellow out :) I've got the same issue with my original Superbird gauges.

Lighthorseman

Quote from: RammJaeger on June 16, 2019, 01:29:52 PM
...I was hoping you had a way to get the yellow out...

Anyone know if there is any truth to the toothpaste trick?  I've heard that toothpaste will clean them up...or is it some sort of lame "whitening" joke?

I was just going to replace the decals myself, but this thread got me wondering.

birdsandbees

The right side of the speedo gets yellowed the worst from heat off the voltage regulator beside it. I tried a few things with no luck on an attempt to clean my Bee's instruments and sanded, painted and re-decal'd as well.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487