News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona valance/radiator to k-frame seals

Started by held1823, June 18, 2019, 02:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

three vendors that i've seen. are there others?  feedback on quality, etc, is appreciated

two of them use the same part number, like on the fender gaskets. likely the exact same part, at a big difference in price
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemigeno

Without hesitation, I would recommend using the parts from David Patik / PCG.  His are cut from bulk masticated rubber, and would be like the originals except you can't find anyone who uses Asbestos fibers in their manufacturing process.

During my Daytona's restoration, I spent about 6 months researching rubber products with David Patik through several different manufacturers, and (as far as I know), David is still using the same manufacturer I had found to have the closest-to-original thickness, texture & durometer.  The durometer is not quite the same, but no one knows the durometer of the original material prior to 40-50 years of aging anyway.  The durometer of the stuff David uses is as high as the manufacturer will take it... the plant manager told me if they let it stay & harden in the mixing vat any longer, it would not come out at all.

I had purchased a set of the Dale's Cuda Shop seals first, and at the time I did not like how different they were from the originals - which is what prompted my search for better raw materials.