News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric chainsaw recall

Started by b5blue, May 31, 2019, 08:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Harbor Freight chainsaw recall, over one million units. I did a search for a new chain as mine is getting dull from use and found this. Looks like I get a new one free, this thing has worked well.
         https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2018/harbor-freight-tools-recalls-chainsaws-due-to-serious-injury-hazard

alfaitalia

Electric chainsaw.?...I would not have admitted than on an open forum...lol...one step away from admitting you like men! Both my chain saws have proper two stroke engines that are loud, smoky  and smelly ...like a chainsaw should be. Also I would need a very long power lead to get into the woods where my father and I use them!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

That is funny, Alfa...Using an electric chainsaw makes a guy a pickle puffer?   :hah:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Birdflu

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 01, 2019, 02:11:40 AM
Electric chainsaw.?...I would not have admitted than on an open forum...lol...one step away from admitting you like men! Both my chain saws have proper two stroke engines that are loud, smoky  and smelly ...like a chainsaw should be. Also I would need a very long power lead to get into the woods where my father and I use them!

I guess I'm not supposed to say I have a hydraulic powered chain saw then?  :rofl:  Seriously...

warmpancakes

I just bought one of the new Milwaukee battery ones,  for the one time a year i need it not having to deal with a 2 stroke is well worth it

Derwud

for shit around the house, Electric.. For Cabin or real tree cutting GAS!
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

alfaitalia

Quote from: Birdflu on June 04, 2019, 10:25:02 AM
Electric chainsaw.?...I would not have admitted than on an open forum...lol...one step away from admitting you like men! Both my chain saws have proper two stroke engines that are loud, smoky  and smelly ...like a chainsaw should be. Also I would need a very long power lead to get into the woods where my father and I use them!

I guess I'm not supposed to say I have a hydraulic powered chain saw then?  :rofl:  Seriously...

I had to look that up...cool...never seen that over here. I wonder if they will run from the hydraulics of a tractor?? You guys know I was joking about the electric saws right!?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

odcics2

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 04, 2019, 04:25:05 PM

I had to look that up...cool...never seen that over here. I wonder if they will run from the hydraulics of a tractor?? You guys know I was joking about the electric saws right!?

Really?? Bet a few guys on here just listed their electric tools on Craigslist!    :lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: b5blue on May 31, 2019, 08:28:52 PM
Harbor Freight chainsaw recall, over one million units. I did a search for a new chain as mine is getting dull from use and found this. Looks like I get a new one free, this thing has worked well.
         https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2018/harbor-freight-tools-recalls-chainsaws-due-to-serious-injury-hazard

Thanks.  I think I have this at home.   I'll have to check the #'s.      So far so good.  I use it to cut up fallen branches or prune my trees.   I have a few long cords.   I plug it in and go.   It's just fuel for the firepit to me.

And frankly,  I don't own any dead 2 stroke crap that sits out in the shed cuz it stopped running years ago.   ::)
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

PlainfieldCharger

I used an electric chainsaw like a mini ditch witch to run all my low voltage lighting wire....no digging and use a flat wood ruler(scale) to push it in the slot you cut in the ground...clean install

Birdflu

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 04, 2019, 04:25:05 PM

It's a real thing! This is the machine that runs it! Almost impossible to stall  :2thumbs: