News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4ya

Ok, will finish up with the Daytona pictures and move on. Just couldn't move away from it!. At least my jaw is mostly healed up from it hitting the floor when Christine opened the the garage door.

tan top

Quote from: mopar4ya on August 07, 2019, 06:17:48 AM
Ok, will finish up with the Daytona pictures and move on. Just couldn't move away from it!. At least my jaw is mostly healed up from it hitting the floor when Christine opened the the garage door.

:coolgleamA:   more awesome pictures

thanks for taking the time to post the pictures  of  (426 HC's ) collection   :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C500

Thanks for the pictures  :cheers:

Now about this surprise .... have I missed it already?  :popcrn:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

HANDM

Great pics....
Roof leak sometime over the last 40 years or what, that ceiling looks pretty worse for the wear!
The 6 pack bee would be awesome to acquire but alas, I already have awesome Mopars that I neglect and don't need another :icon_smile_big:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 426HemiChick on August 06, 2019, 02:14:12 PM
Acudanut,                          06 August 2019

I was nice to you, I answered your question and thought you were starting to be decent; all of a sudden you go back to your unpleasant ways.

From this point on, please do not post anything on this thread. You have worn out your welcome here so hasta luego.

Maybe you can find a thread where they will enjoy your foul vitriol; it will not be tolerated here. So leave now and do not return.

426 Hemi Chicks

What did I say that was so foul.??  You can't call a Rooster a Hen. That is all.

mopar4ya

And on to the Bee ! I wish I could have gotten better pictures of the Bee, but as Christine has stated these cars are crammed in ! This car is just as impressive as the Daytona, such a great car.

mopar4ya

Can only imagine what it would look like all washed up!

BeatersRus

Wow the pic of the superbee really shows how close and together the cars are.
many thanks to amopar4ya for taking pics and also to the Op/owners for sharing your cars with us.
this is what i consider to be the mopar find of the year.

thats how i wrote it up over 2 months ago on fb as well.
best part,its not just one car its 3.. :cheers:

C500

Quote from: BeatersRus on August 08, 2019, 09:02:07 AM
Wow the pic of the superbee really shows how close and together the cars are.
many thanks to amopar4ya for taking pics and also to the Op/owners for sharing your cars with us.
this is what i consider to be the mopar find of the year.

Agreed  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

tan top

Quote from: mopar4ya on August 07, 2019, 07:00:11 PM
And on to the Bee ! I wish I could have gotten better pictures of the Bee, but as Christine has stated these cars are crammed in ! This car is just as impressive as the Daytona, such a great car.

awesome  ! thanks for sharing the pictures  :cheers:

looks like it has no antenna !   radio delete  :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

426HemiChick

Quote from: tan top on August 09, 2019, 03:36:49 PM
Quote from: mopar4ya on August 07, 2019, 07:00:11 PM

awesome  ! thanks for sharing the pictures  :cheers:

looks like it has no antenna !   radio delete  :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Hi Tan Top,                       09 August 2019

The Bee was ordered sans radio just so there wouldn't be a hole in the fender.

Take a look at our CD and look at that oddball antenna. We saw another CD with the same antenna. Probably something Creative had lying around from another project.

We used the empty radio panel space for extra instruments; the blank factory panel was used as a template for the Stainless steel panel we fabricated, which was then painted with a black wrinkle finish. It looked quite "Factory."

The above paragraph was modified 10 August 2019 to clarify how and what we altered.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Quote from: C500 on August 07, 2019, 04:06:48 PM

Hi C500,                      10 August 2019

Haven't been ignoring you; the surprise was the photos Mopar4ya took and posted. He and his daughter did a fantastic job, especially in light of the cramped quarters and poor lighting. We owe him and his daughter a great deal for going out of their way to photograph the cars and post them on this thread.

Once the cars are able to be moved outside, they'll be cleaned up and photographed again.

Maybe you can tell us:

1. Where and on what do KiWi's grow?

2. Are you required to convert LH drive cars to RH?

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

mopar4ya

And the 68 Hemi Roadrunner ! Really couldn't get many pictures of the runner. There is barely the crack of dawn between it and the Daytona. But again a very impressive car.

mopar4ya

And yes, even the 00003.1 mile Ford Mustang.

C500

Quote from: 426HemiChick on August 10, 2019, 11:07:34 AM
Quote from: C500 on August 07, 2019, 04:06:48 PM

Hi C500,                      10 August 2019

Haven't been ignoring you; the surprise was the photos Mopar4ya took and posted. He and his daughter did a fantastic job, especially in light of the cramped quarters and poor lighting. We owe him and his daughter a great deal for going out of their way to photograph the cars and post them on this thread.

Once the cars are able to be moved outside, they'll be cleaned up and photographed again.

Maybe you can tell us:

1. Where and on what do KiWi's grow?

2. Are you required to convert LH drive cars to RH?

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

:2thumbs: Kiwifruit? They grow pretty well in warmer parts of NZ.... Chile also grow them well. Older cars don't have to be converted. I think the rule is anything over 20 years old can stay LH

alfaitalia

I was told by a mate from Taupo (NZ) that they had dropped all that and you no longer have to convert anything......but he's not the sharpest tool in the box! Glad we don't have (nor have ever had) that here (UK)...Ive had a few nice and relatively recent left hand drivers. Lancia Delta Integrale , Alfa Spider etc. They obviously think we are good enough drivers for it not to be a safety issue....which it isn't!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

doctor4766

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 14, 2019, 08:58:38 AM
I was told by a mate from Taupo (NZ) that they had dropped all that and you no longer have to convert anything......but he's not the sharpest tool in the box! Glad we don't have (nor have ever had) that here (UK)...Ive had a few nice and relatively recent left hand drivers. Lancia Delta Integrale , Alfa Spider etc. They obviously think we are good enough drivers for it not to be a safety issue....which it isn't!!

Here in Australia the obligation to convert to RHD on newer imported vehicles was primarily to protect the local car industry. Older cars were exempt as they were usually "special interest" vehicles which posed no real threat to new car sales.
Now with the demise of the last 2 (General Motors) Holden and Ford's local manufacturing plants there is no longer an industry to protect so the need to convert should be relaxed.
Gotta love a '69

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                       21 August 19

Been kind of busy; we do have a photo of the CD from the summer of 1972, not long after we got her. She is sitting in our driveway having her picture taken. Sitting to her right and a little back is my Dad's car and NOT the Hemi Cuda as I had thought. This photo was taken about July 1972.

The wheels and tires on the rear of the CD ended up on the Cuda and the mags on the rear of the Cuda ended up on the CD. The mags on the front of the CD may be from the Cuda or they could be the ones that came on the CD when we bought her.

Sorry for the quality of the photo, it's a print style that was popular back in those days. If we can find the negative we'll scan it and the photo should come out better.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Edited and modified 21 August 2019 0955 MST
PS: It's fixed 21 August 2019

It's fixed sorta. We'll do another and replace the current photo. The X - Y is probably too large.

We'll clear up another error: The tires/wheels on the front are the tires/wheels that came on the CD when we bought her. Those four tires/wheels are on the Road Runner; all four are flat. The rear tires/wheels you see on the CD probably came from a set we had on the RR in 1968. They ultimately went on the Cuda, which we sold with those tires/wheels on it. The Cuda's Slotted Ansen mags went on the CD right after we got the Cuda. They looked great on the CD. If we think of anything else, we'll update this post, or make a new one. Sorry for any confusion caused by our confusion.

Picture has been resized; sorry for the glitch.

426HemiChick

29 August 2019

Making some headway getting new tires on the Super Bee. Got the old 14" flat tire off the driver side. When we tried to put the new 15" tire on it was impossible due to how close that side of the car is to the garage wall.

Our first option was to remove as much air as possible from the new tire to hopefully gain the 1" additional clearance needed to get the tire and rim onto the front hub. If this doesn't work our next option is to try to move the front of the SB to the right 1 inch.

When we started this we had no idea how difficult this project was going to be. It'll get done but will take longer than we could have envisioned.

We will keep you all updated as things progress .... slowly, for the time being.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

02 September 2019

Here we are, the SB now has two new weenies on the front. What a job it was to get the driver side tire on. We managed to get the flat tires off with the front end jacked up and jack-stands supporting the car. Got both front tires off then when it came time to put the new ones on, we couldn't get the tire on to the driver side hub, a no go for sure. Not enough room between the wall and the hub to get a tire and wheel on. Now we were in a pickle. Car sitting on jack-stands is impossible to move sideways.

Remembering a space-saver spare we had stored away, went and found it and put it on, It was thin enough to fit between the wall and hub. Next we put car skates under the front wheels which allowed us to move the car about 2 inches to the right. Jacked the front up again, removed the space-saver spare and on went the new tire/wheel; dropped the car down on the skates and moved the car back to where she had been sitting. Now that half of the job is done.

Tomorrow we'll try to get the rear tires replaced so that the SB and CD will both be sitting on new weenies.

We never realized when we put the cars in the garage they would be sitting there 40 years and what that 40 years would do to the tires and how difficult it would be to replace them.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

06 September 2019

Stroke of luck today, well, so far anyway. Was getting ready to replace the flat rear tire on the driver side of the SB today. Had the car jacked up, jack-stands in place when I decided to try airing up that flat old tire. To my amazement, it inflated and has so far remained that way.

Now all four wheels are on skates which should make moving it a whole lot easier.

Next project is going to be the garage door. A friend and I are going to attempt this ourselves. We're going to move the cars further back into the garage so we will have more room in front. My biggest concern is the torsion springs; they can be dangerous to one's health if you're not careful. I hope we can get this accomplished because we'd like to be able to move the cars around and be able to clean them up properly.

Will let you know how it goes.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

HANDM

Remember to go to youtube university and review the videos that I posted several pages back...... It's really not that dangerous if you're careful and take yout time. Be sure and get/ use the .5 hardened steel bars with enough length to give you plenty of leverage
:cheers:

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on September 06, 2019, 11:11:28 PM
Remember to go to youtube university and review the videos that I posted several pages back...... It's really not that dangerous if you're careful and take yout time. Be sure and get/ use the .5 hardened steel bars with enough length to give you plenty of leverage
:cheers:

Hi HANDM,                        07 September 2019

Thank for the additional info and reminder. I will definitely review the videos, several times before doing the door torsion spring.

Where can I find .5" hardened steel bars? I talked to a friend that works at a hardware store. He said they have cold rolled steel bars they sell for this purpose. Doesn't sound like hardened steel to me. I'd prefer to have what you recommended, just need to find them. Open to your suggestions on sources. Thanks Amigo.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks