News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANDM

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 07, 2019, 01:42:05 PM
Quote from: HANDM on September 06, 2019, 11:11:28 PM
Remember to go to youtube university and review the videos that I posted several pages back...... It's really not that dangerous if you're careful and take yout time. Be sure and get/ use the .5 hardened steel bars with enough length to give you plenty of leverage
:cheers:

Hi HANDM,                        07 September 2019

Thank for the additional info and reminder. I will definitely review the videos, several times before doing the door torsion spring.

Where can I find .5" hardened steel bars? I talked to a friend that works at a hardware store. He said they have cold rolled steel bars they sell for this purpose. Doesn't sound like hardened steel to me. I'd prefer to have what you recommended, just need to find them. Open to your suggestions on sources. Thanks Amigo.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

I prolly misspoke by saying hardened, the cold rolled ones are exactly what you need.

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on September 07, 2019, 03:32:38 PM
Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 07, 2019, 01:42:05 PM
Quote from: HANDM on September 06, 2019, 11:11:28 PM
Remember to go to youtube university and review the videos that I posted several pages back...... It's really not that dangerous if you're careful and take yout time. Be sure and get/ use the .5 hardened steel bars with enough length to give you plenty of leverage
:cheers:

Hi HANDM,                        07 September 2019

Thank for the additional info and reminder. I will definitely review the videos, several times before doing the door torsion spring.

Where can I find .5" hardened steel bars? I talked to a friend that works at a hardware store. He said they have cold rolled steel bars they sell for this purpose. Doesn't sound like hardened steel to me. I'd prefer to have what you recommended, just need to find them. Open to your suggestions on sources. Thanks Amigo.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

I prolly misspoke by saying hardened, the cold rolled ones are exactly what you need.

07 September 2019

Here's a link to a set we found on Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079BR6VNC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_CuaDDbDXG35TF

What do you think? Thanks in advance!!!

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks   
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

07 September 2019

Ordered the tools in the above post from Amazon (not that I wanted to), they should be here in a couple days. I have to talk to the door folks Monday.

I measured our existing door. It's 15' 9" on the inside, exactly 7' in height and 1 and 1/2" in thickness. I thought standard double doors are 16'. Then maybe a standard 16' door is really 15' 9", kind of like TV monitors, 40" really isn't 40" but something lessor.

We'll know more Monday.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

alfaitalia

40 inch TVs are 40 inches...but strangely TV sizes are quoted corner to corner across the diagonal...I've never known why though!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

odcics2

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 08, 2019, 08:44:35 AM
40 inch TVs are 40 inches...but strangely TV sizes are quoted corner to corner across the diagonal...I've never known why though!

So they sound larger!    :lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

426HemiChick

09 September 2019

Have two basic questions:

1. What does "V" code mean?

2. Is it relative to Super Birds only?

Thanks in advance.

Best always,

426 Hemi Chicks

birdsandbees

Not Birds only.. V code for '70 is 440 x 6 pack. U code 440 x 4 barrel.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

426HemiChick

Quote from: birdsandbees on September 09, 2019, 09:58:06 PM
Not Birds only.. V code for '70 is 440 x 6 pack. U code 440 x 4 barrel.

09 September 2019

Hi Birdsandbees,

Thanks for the info. We couldn't figure out what it meant based on the context in which it was used. Now we know.

We assume You're a pilot from what we've read in some of your posts; what do you fly?

Blue Side Up.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

13 September 2019

Found a door company that checked the door and said the only problem they see is the rollers are bad. Said they would replace all of them, adjust the torsion springs and lubricate the hinges. I hope it works.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

HANDM

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 13, 2019, 10:18:54 PM
13 September 2019

Found a door company that checked the door and said the only problem they see is the rollers are bad. Said they would replace all of them, adjust the torsion springs and lubricate the hinges. I hope it works.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Nice! Glad you found someone willing to repair rather than replace, Now there's a company that would get my business!

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on September 14, 2019, 12:39:05 PM
Nice! Glad you found someone willing to repair rather than replace, Now there's a company that would get my business!

Hi HANDM,                      19 September 2019

You're 100% on the money there. He quoted me $150.00 for parts and labor. Sure beats the cost of a new door that no one makes, except custom and we know that would be expensive.

Did a little work in the garage today. Set the DC down off jack-stands. Noticed a small bit of oil seepage from the drain plug. I kind of thought I should put a new plug in it. Just couldn't remember where the spares were so I used the original. It's not terrible but any leak is bad.

The DC's nose has been sitting on the protected hood of the RR for these past 40 years. I needed to move it so the garage door mechanic can get up on the hood to work on the door. I have a lot of padding and thick plywood that should handle his weight.

Once I had the nose moved off the RR, something that was lying on the protective cardboard caught my eye. It was the roller that had jumped the track 12 or 13 years ago. I replaced the top two but nerver trusted the door again after that close call.

While I was there working I decided to check the rollers myself. Every one of them wobbles on their shafts except the two that I had replaced right after the track incident. I'll let the Door mechanic replace all of them, even the ones I installed.

Getting the door working again will be a relief. There's not enough room to do much of anything the way things are.

Thanks HANDM for your help and advice. Hope some day we can return the favor.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Quote from: odcics2 on September 21, 2019, 02:33:27 PM

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

We could but we won't. Hope a "K" car wasn't one of them.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 19, 2019, 09:44:57 PM
Quote from: HANDM on September 14, 2019, 12:39:05 PM

I needed to move it so the garage door mechanic can get up on the hood to work on the door. I have a lot of padding and thick plywood that should handle his weight.

I think this is a bad idea.   :scratchchin:

Padding, plywood, or not I would never let anybody get up on the hood/fenders of any of my cars.

Ever.  :Twocents:

Kern Dog

I regret reading this thread.
Why the hell do some people feel the need to push their "alternate agenda" so much?
Vegans and vegetarians seem to LOVE to "brag" about their choice.  Prius drivers...well, we know how THEY can be. Some minorities use their "category" to get special considerations. Some other types like the OP continue to reference his/her/it's SO, girlfriend in dang near every post.
Why do this?
WE get it, man.....YOU have a girlfriend. GREAT for you! You know who else has one? MILLIONS of other people....and they don't bring it up every time they post about their Pinto or SCJ Mustang, let alone a Hemi Daytona.
Why not focus on the cars ? This isn't a "girlfriend" thread, right? ISn't this site about cars, not alternate lifestyles and fringe fetishes.

If these cars are real AND you own them...That is GREAT and I'm happy for you.
If you are a freak that just likes to annoy people and tease with pictures you got from someone else, you will be found out someday.
I love to annoy people but my efforts are mainly to entertain....MOST of the time I am the only one laughing. I'm fine with that.
I am honest about myself and my stuff though.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 22, 2019, 12:03:40 AM
I regret reading this thread.
Why the hell do some people feel the need to push their "alternate agenda" so much?
Vegans and vegetarians seem to LOVE to "brag" about their choice.  Prius drivers...well, we know how THEY can be. Some minorities use their "category" to get special considerations. Some other types like the OP continue to reference his/her/it's SO, girlfriend in dang near every post.
Why do this?
WE get it, man.....YOU have a girlfriend. GREAT for you! You know who else has one? MILLIONS of other people....and they don't bring it up every time they post about their Pinto or SCJ Mustang, let alone a Hemi Daytona.
Why not focus on the cars ? This isn't a "girlfriend" thread, right? ISn't this site about cars, not alternate lifestyles and fringe fetishes.

If these cars are real AND you own them...That is GREAT and I'm happy for you.
If you are a freak that just likes to annoy people and tease with pictures you got from someone else, you will be found out someday.
I love to annoy people but my efforts are mainly to entertain....MOST of the time I am the only one laughing. I'm fine with that.
I am honest about myself and my stuff though.

Hi Kern Dog,                       21 September 2019

Don't know what set you off; no one forced you to read this thread and don't remember replying to anything you wrote other than your nice post on this thread.

I'm guessing you had to ride in a Ford today and you found it to be quite nice. Ford does make nice cars and trucks.

Hope you have a great day today and everyday.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 21, 2019, 10:34:01 PM
[
I think this is a bad idea.   :scratchchin:

Padding, plywood, or not I would never let anybody get up on the hood/fenders of any of my cars.

Ever.  :Twocents:

Hi Daytona R/T SE,                    21 September 2019

I couldn't agree more. I hate the idea but I'm between a rock and a hard place. There is no room and the RR can't be moved. I can't take a chance on opening the door and having it collapse on the three cars. I know there's risk involved, just wish things were different.

My two big mistakes were letting them sit for 40 years and not selling them in 2006 when a collector offered a substantial amount for the three. It is what it is and I have to live with it.

Thanks for the input, do appreciate it.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 22, 2019, 01:52:11 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 21, 2019, 10:34:01 PM
[
I think this is a bad idea.   :scratchchin:

Ever.  :Twocents:

Hi Daytona R/T SE,                    21 September 2019

I couldn't agree more. I hate the idea but I'm between a rock and a hard place. There is no room and the RR can't be moved. I can't take a chance on opening the door and having it collapse on the three cars. I know there's risk involved, just wish things were different.

My two big mistakes were letting them sit for 40 years and not selling them in 2006 when a collector offered a substantial amount for the three. It is what it is and I have to live with it.

Thanks for the input, do appreciate it.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

I'd spend about $60 on 2 x 4s, screws, and a half sheet of plywood and build a simple table to put over the front of the car for him to stand on.

You could make it any height you want, any length you want to make it fit between the cars, and if the car is close to the wall, you just need to scoot the car out far enough to get the thickness of the 2x4 legs in there.

Wish I was closer, getting that door open would be a fun Sunday afternoon project.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 22, 2019, 07:43:01 AM

I'd spend about $60 on 2 x 4s, screws, and a half sheet of plywood and build a simple table to put over the front of the car for him to stand on.

You could make it any height you want, any length you want to make it fit between the cars, and if the car is close to the wall, you just need to scoot the car out far enough to get the thickness of the 2x4 legs in there.

Wish I was closer, getting that door open would be a fun Sunday afternoon project.

Hi Daytona,                   22 September 2019

Here we are, the last day of summer. Can't believe almost 3 quarters of this year has passed by.

I wish you were too; I'd appreciate the help. I'm taking a serious look at your suggestion. I may be able to do it with a minor change or two. The problem with the RR is it is against the wall, four flat tires and just a couple inches away from the Daytona. So there's no chance of moving the RR and the Daytona has no where to move to.

I'm thinking of running a 2X4 along the wall screwed to the studs, which are on 16" centers. Screw the plywood top to that 2x4 and adding legs between the RR and the Daytona. If there's enough room, I'll do it that way. Thanks for the idea.

I had to chuckle when you mentioned screws. I gave up on nails years ago. Screws hold better and if you need to take it apart or modify it, it's a whole lot easier and saves the material for another project.

Will let you know how it goes.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks 

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 22, 2019, 05:30:18 PM

Hi Daytona,                   22 September 2019

Here we are, the last day of summer. Can't believe almost 3 quarters of this year has passed by.

I can't believe that nearly 4 months have gone by since this thread started and the garage door repair/replacement, which has been a problem for years, is still being talked about ad nauseam with no end in sight. This never ending garage door saga really does gives an insight as to why these cars have languished for decades.

The lack of any substantive car updates on this thread since day one and the waning responses by members here show that this thread has really run its course.....at least until there is any real vehicle updates. However, one thing I've noticed over the past several weeks is when this thread gets halfway down the page (due to lack of responses), the author posts some meaningless drivel to bring it back to the top, which bolsters the argument that the author is here simply for the attention and using the cars as bait to gain said attention.

Kern Dog

Could be.....Maybe the entire point was to build interest in the cars to score a big payday?
If so, that is in keeping with the trans-sexual deception that started from the very beginning....create a few mysteries, see who catches on, deal with the aftermath later.
If the OP wants to sell some cars, why not be straight up about it? Why be someone that you are not? All this dicking around seems strange to me.

gtx6970

2 guys and a chop saw could have this door on the ground in under and hour tops  :shruggy:

smithenhiven

Quote from: 426HemiChick

Few people even know of their existence and location. I prefer it that way.

Yes, there have been offers, very lucrative ones and all have been rejected. Bragging rights can mean a lot to some people and they have meant a bit to Us. It's more like a game, We sell them and We are out of the game.

Let me see if I'm following this correctly.

Before you created this thread, the cars were relatively unknown, and that's how you prefered it.

Yet a major reason for never selling them over the years was to keep the bragging rights that comes with owning them, and your desire to stay in the game.

But then you claim a major mistake was not selling when presented with a large offer after letting them sit for 40 years.

May I ask, what "game" is it that you think you're playing?  Sounds to me like it's nothing more than mind games.  Keeping these cars squirreled away for 40 years and not telling anyone about them other than some random collectors who catch wind, only to reject all offers because you want to preserve bragging rights just seems foolish.

Lets be real, you've done nothing with these cars in 40 years other than store them, and it's even a struggle to get the garage door open to begin doing anything with them.  Sell them and move on, and you can brag to everyone who will listen that you used to own a trio of mopar holy grails.  Heck, you can probably even sell your story to a production company who can make a mini series out of it.  "Follow along as we do all the work to help bring this elderly lesbian couple's rare Mopar Muscle cars out of hibernation, and prep the cars to be sold at the next Meccum Auction".