News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI68CHARGER Press Release #614 426 HEMI Charger 500 Restoration

Started by hemi68charger, June 03, 2019, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargervert

You better duck Troy, he weilds that turban around like a boomerang!

moparstuart

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 07, 2020, 08:23:55 AM
Looking good!  :2thumbs:

At this rate, it'll only be a few more weeks before you're ready to put it up for sale.  :nana:
Trades only   :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chargervert

I have been involved in the patented Troy trade program!  It's almost like he leases them! Maybe you should take your Troy trade program National, and start an old school Mopar leasing company Troy! It worked for Peneske!

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargervert on January 07, 2020, 11:25:09 AM
I have been involved in the patented Troy trade program!  It's almost like he leases them! Maybe you should take your Troy trade program National, and start an old school Mopar leasing company Troy! It worked for Peneske!
Hey Pete. Maybe I should... It has definitely worked for me over time.. I just get better and more unique mopars as I go along.... Traders'-lives-matter..

I have never stayed with one car "just because someone thinks I should or, dare I say, are envious".. In every situation, all parties were happy and that's all that matters..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Operation 69 Hemi Charger 500; 1st primer
What a big difference when the car is a uniform color. RF Customs shot the first coat of primer on the car yesterday.. Looking great !!!
Have a few items to address like the console brackets and misc wire tabs on the trunk and rear section. Thanks also to Dave Points for removing the original rear valance wire tabs and reconditioning them. Thanks to Brian and Ray Reitz at the shop..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

We have color !!! Have the primer paint sprayed under it first then color. Will do the overspray on the undercarriage.

video at the shop
Troy

tan top

:drool5: looking good !  awesome stuff  :2thumbs:

love that color  Red is the second best color on a second generation  ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 01, 2020, 09:08:20 AM
We have color !!! Have the primer paint sprayed under it first then color. Will do the overspray on the undercarriage.

Troy, great progress!  What is the plan for the under carriage?  Just keeping it black or color also?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

The undercarriage is painted in the primer-colored paint from Dave P. I will have the overspray look done. Not doing the total sound deadening coating done at this point. The pictures make it look black but isn't.
Troy

Birdflu

hemi68charger

Operation Hemi 500 color continue: 😀
RF Customs is pressing forward.. Overspray on the Charger 500..
Troy

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 02, 2020, 09:00:14 PM
Coverage looks skimpy to me .

I agree, when factory sprays under Rockers seems more overspray gets onto floor in that area while under Rockers still seem light. LEON.

hemi68charger

Troy

Mopar John

If they don't tape off the bottom of the 500 for the outer body paint this may be just a base coat?
MJ

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mopar John on February 03, 2020, 10:49:05 AM
If they don't tape off the bottom of the 500 for the outer body paint this may be just a base coat?
MJ

I do believe they are going to mask off the complete bottom at the pinchweld ( basically opposite of what they have now ) and shoot the car. I believe the clear coat will go on the complete car at the same time.. We have gone over this ad nauseum.. They will probably be happy when I take the car.. haha.. This is definitely something out of their normal mode of project work. They are more of a Chip Foose / Kindig sort of shop. They thought I was looney with the overspray-look request.. They'll hopefully treat it as expanding their resume. They have already painted a friend's Superbird and will probably do another friend's Bird after mine. They are getting their crash course in Mopars.....
Troy

hemi68charger

Getting ready for exterior sealing and paint.
Troy

mopar346

Not to clutter your thread but maybe a method for the undercarriage overspray for others. I didn't do my undercarriage over spray on my AAR when the car was first paint because I didn't know about it back then. Before I assembled it (read several years later) I had been educated to that detail. At that point I taped the car off including the engine compartment, elevated it about 2 foot and walked around and sprayed the rockers and firewall like I was intending to paint them and let the overspray happen naturally. I think it turned well. I tried to upload pictures but I guess they are too big.

Thank you Troy for documenting your build, as many are I am really enjoying seeing the progress.

hemi68charger

69 Charger 500 visit;
Stretched legs on the ole Daytona to visit Ray Reitz and Brian to see the 500.. Man, she looks good.. Nice to help install the hood. Pictures make the car have an orange hue, but in person she's definitely red.
Troy

JB400

Are end caps supposed to be on or off during painting to be correct?

hemi68charger

Quote from: JB400 on February 07, 2020, 05:29:19 PM
Are end caps supposed to be on or off during painting to be correct?

It is my understanding from the factory they were off.. I have seen originals and the gasket material between the body and quarter extensions didn't have paint on them.. In this case, painting the extensions and sidemarker bezels off the car with the bezels not getting full coverage on the back like they were originally.
Troy