News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI68CHARGER Press Release #614 426 HEMI Charger 500 Restoration

Started by hemi68charger, June 03, 2019, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Thought you were gonna stop putting trim on the painted surfaces?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 08, 2020, 11:32:45 AM
Thought you were gonna stop putting trim on the painted surfaces?

I had to do something, Organosol isn't a big deal... and nothing is tightened down except the eye-brow trim and Charger script on the taillamp panel, the long taillamp trim under deck lid isn't tightened and has only 2 screws holding it. If I can get a component off the floor and shelves I will. Not putting door handles, Charger pillar script... Have to find a powder coater to clean up a bunch of parts now, (k-member, rear end housing, leaf springs, etc)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Birdflu

mopar346

I may be late to the party on this and I know you know what you are doing but with the above assembly and order conversations I thought I'd mention Resto-Ricks assemble line order document. I've used it on several cars and consider it to be one of the best tools I have ever found.

hemi68charger

Quote from: mopar346 on March 10, 2020, 02:25:55 PM
I may be late to the party on this and I know you know what you are doing but with the above assembly and order conversations I thought I'd mention Resto-Ricks assemble line order document. I've used it on several cars and consider it to be one of the best tools I have ever found.

Not sure what you're referring to, but have me curious.. I'll go to his place and check it out...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

odcics2

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 10, 2020, 08:38:32 PM
Quote from: mopar346 on March 10, 2020, 02:25:55 PM

Not sure what you're referring to, but have me curious.. I'll go to his place and check it out...

Where exactly was your car built? 
We built Pilot Cars at Highland Park, not the assembly plant.... 
The bodies were welded together in the Pilot Plant, shipped to Road Test Garage and assembled from there. 
So, what applies to a "production car" may not apply to an early pilot car.   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

mopar346

OK, I'll elaborate. I know this site and the hobby is full of folks who know soooo much more than me that I try to be respectful and don't overstep my bounds so to speak. I know a little but am constantly trying to learn.

It is an order in which the cars were assembled and is created to Resto-Rick putting it together. It was given to me by a friend a number of years ago. There may be some plant variations but it is more about what goes in first, second, etc. There are 100 points including things like 96-100 being trunk matt, jack, spare tire.... In the past I might put something in and realize I should have put part X in first. This starts with a painted shell and assembles out by every parts. It has worked really well for me since I travel for living it allows me to set goals and prepare for the weeks I'm home and make sure I have the parts on hand. Some points are more broad like install dash assemble but then the engine assemble step is broken out into a, b, c..... K-member, control arms, strut rods, alternator....... you get the idea. I'm not sure about just posting it due to I'm not sure if Rick minds but in the same breathe I will admit to sharing it with people and I'll plead ignorance (many will defend me on this) if I have violated any copy rights. It is designed for Mopars but I have used it with other brands. I even color code it for things I've completed, things I might have my brother or friend do, things I Have to find parts for, etc., that helps me focus on the task at hand. I'm a checklist guy so it gives me comfort (checklist guys know exactly what I'm talking about). I cant state enough how this is truly one of the best tools I have ever found for building a car.

mopar346

Yep, that would be it, mine is only slightly different but insignificantly. Minor like instead of install the heater hoses it says install neater hoses body side only, which of course makes sense since the engine isn't in it yet, mine could be the dummy proof edition. :shruggy:

steve817

Hello Troy, Great build thus far! I just finished with the F8 Charger 500 Special Edition 4spd and Jim Fosters Daytona 355109. We drove them to the 50Th anniversary from Wyoming. Just wondering, are you going with the steelies/hubcaps for wheels. I do know where a beautiful set of original w-23 wheels with redline tires are that may be for sale. PM me if interested.

hemi68charger

Quote from: steve817 on March 13, 2020, 09:22:27 PM
Hello Troy, Great build thus far! I just finished with the F8 Charger 500 Special Edition 4spd and Jim Fosters Daytona 355109. We drove them to the 50Th anniversary from Wyoming. Just wondering, are you going with the steelies/hubcaps for wheels. I do know where a beautiful set of original w-23 wheels with redline tires are that may be for sale. PM me if interested.

Hey Steve.. Not going with the W23... The car never had them, none of the original 6 did, albeit they were code, they never were either delivered to Creative or left Creative with them on.. All, except one, to the best of my knowledge, came with the full 15" wheel covers (Monoco/Polara).. Thanks for the offer though. The guy I bought the 500 from had a complete set of NOS W23 wheels with the proper trim rings and lug nuts !!!!!

My vision was to have 15x8 black steelies with chrome lug nuts for daily/local driving but have a set of 15x6 steelies with redlines and the full wheel covers for big Mopar shows..
Troy

aerolith

Stunning work Troy and others involved.

Loving the 'restorick' info, never seen that before!
Any pics of the F8 four speed SE car please Steve?

F8 forever and beyond... :2thumbs: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 14, 2020, 07:12:40 PM
Quote from: steve817 on March 13, 2020, 09:22:27 PM

Hey Steve.. Not going with the W23... The car never had them, none of the original 6 did, albeit they were code, they never were either delivered to Creative or left Creative with them on.. All, except one, to the best of my knowledge, came with the full 15" wheel covers (Monoco/Polara).. Thanks for the offer though. The guy I bought the 500 from had a complete set of NOS W23 wheels with the proper trim rings and lug nuts !!!!!

My vision was to have 15x8 black steelies with chrome lug nuts for daily/local driving but have a set of 15x6 steelies with redlines and the full wheel covers for big Mopar shows..

Repro recall wheel would look great.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti

Repro recall wheel would look great.

Cutting to the chase, I flat out don't like them. :icon_smile_big:.

Sold the last set I have on my Copper 500 I got from Danny...
Troy

Ghoste

I like them but would agree they might be an acquired taste.

aerolith

W23 Warrior 15x8 'recalls' look 'mighty fine' to me! :smilielol:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

69_500

Yeah and Danny was wanting to keep those W23 wheels too

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 17, 2020, 07:27:22 PM
Yeah and Danny was wanting to keep those W23 wheels too

And I had them promised to a local friend before you mentioned you wanted them.. Told ya sorry back then..
Troy

aerolith

How many sets were made by Speciality wheels?

Did they actually make any... :shruggy:

I know a guy who paid $5000 for four 7 x 15 '450' steels...
There was a time you could buy a running driving car with 450 rims for $5000... :icon_smile_big:

Shame my time machine has a faulty FLUX capacitor... :pullinghair:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

I remember when that movie came out. I always wondered why they chose "88" mph.  :coolgleamA:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: odcics2 on March 20, 2020, 08:12:41 AM
I remember when that movie came out. I always wondered why they chose "88" mph.  :coolgleamA:

I understand the significance for you, but I would have chosen a different number.

JB400

Quote from: odcics2 on March 20, 2020, 08:12:41 AM
I remember when that movie came out. I always wondered why they chose "88" mph.  :coolgleamA:
It pegs the speedometer on one:

Y1CHARGER

Is this car really for sale or is this some kind of joke or scam?   :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  The way this car was talked about by the OP I never thought I'd see it for sale so soon and incomplete... :shruggy:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/264676255855?hash=item3d9fef286f:g:q4kAAOSw9rJed20u

odcics2

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on March 23, 2020, 10:31:48 AM
Is this car really for sale or is this some kind of joke or scam?   :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  The way this car was talked about by the OP I never thought I'd see it for sale so soon and incomplete... :shruggy:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/264676255855?hash=item3d9fef286f:g:q4kAAOSw9rJed20u

WIW, as is??   :shruggy: