News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI68CHARGER Press Release #614 426 HEMI Charger 500 Restoration

Started by hemi68charger, June 03, 2019, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

white

chargervert

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 07, 2020, 08:23:55 AM
Looking good!  :2thumbs:

At this rate, it'll only be a few more weeks before you're ready to put it up for sale.  :nana:

Damn, I'm good.   :lol:

Edit: I don't wear this Turban for nothing!

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: white on March 23, 2020, 11:24:14 AM
I guess we will find out when auction ends.

Do you really think that a Reserve EBAY auction with shill bidding and non serious bidders that will hit the reserve and then retract their bid is going to let you know  what it's worth???  I Doubt It   :coolgleamA:   Not to mention that in it's current state, I don't think it's worth the opening bid but doesn't hurt to try :shruggy:

chargervert

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 23, 2020, 11:48:10 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 07, 2020, 08:23:55 AM
Looking good!  :2thumbs:

At this rate, it'll only be a few more weeks before you're ready to put it up for sale.  :nana:

Damn, I'm good.   :lol:

A true modern day legend in your own mind!

Edit: I don't wear this Turban for nothing!

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on March 23, 2020, 12:26:49 PM
Quote from: white on March 23, 2020, 11:24:14 AM
I guess we will find out when auction ends.

Do you really think that a Reserve EBAY auction with shill bidding and non serious bidders that will hit the reserve and then retract their bid is going to let you know  what it's worth???  I Doubt It   :coolgleamA:   Not to mention that in it's current state, I don't think it's worth the opening bid but doesn't hurt to try :shruggy:

Exactly.. and if you knew me well enough my mantra of "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" has worked for me pretty well..... This isn't for your Mopar-ebaymotor-surfin'-dude. If ANYONE was to buy this car they would know exactly what it is....  I know what this car is and I ain't gonna give it away... If the gent with the T3 Hemi C500 is going for $289k, then heck, mine is right there in "value"....  Plus, it has its status of being there with the 1st one built and the Bud L. video car....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Mytur Binsdirti

Y1CHARGER

Quote "If the gent with the T3 Hemi C500 is going for $289k, then heck, mine is right there in "value"...."

If $289k is such a great deal, shouldn't it be sold by now :scratchchin:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on March 25, 2020, 02:08:32 PM
Quote "If the gent with the T3 Hemi C500 is going for $289k, then heck, mine is right there in "value"...."

Never said it was a great deal and that's why I placed the word value in quotation marks... Cars like mine are hard to benchmark a value and market trend since there isn't really a lot of examples to draw analysis from.. It's not like it is a Superbird where there are 8 for sale right now on just eBay....
Troy

Moparpoolman

Hi Troy, do you have a buy it now price?  What is the reserve?  Curious why you didn't list it for sale here or mention it in your thread yourself instead of everyone following this thread finding out second hand? Thanks and good luck with your sale or trade.

chargervert

Troy didn't want to face the wrath of the Turban!  Lol

held1823

so who won the office pool?

i lost out a couple of months ago.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Quote from: Moparpoolman on March 26, 2020, 08:34:19 AM
Hi Troy, do you have a buy it now price?  What is the reserve?  Curious why you didn't list it for sale here or mention it in your thread yourself instead of everyone following this thread finding out second hand? Thanks and good luck with your sale or trade.

As Pete eluded to, there are a few people here ( and on other boards that seem to think what they would do IF they were in a similar position would be something totally different, very judgmental ). I for one KNEW it would be brought up here and in that way, didn't want to let the turban down..

Quote from: chargervert on March 26, 2020, 09:10:16 AM
Troy didn't want to face the wrath of the Turban!  Lol

Ohhhhh, I knew it would come regardless...... After all, not to stereotype, but most here probably check out ebaymotors on a regular basis.. Especially now with "stay home" orders......
Troy

Birdflu

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 26, 2020, 12:59:35 PM
After all, not to stereotype, but most here probably check out ebaymotors on a regular basis.. 

3 to 19 times a day!  :yesnod:

Dragon Slayer

This is the interesting conundrum.  Many folks here nit pick every little detail on cars and such, and also then place value based on the criticism.  I am interested in how much value is place on the excellent marketing approach being used.  Is the paper worth much more then the car.  This is not a survivor restored.  It had a lot of non original parts, and the person restoring will probably have a lot of work to find date code originals for all those unique hemi parts if they want to get back to an OEM standard.  Gold would probably be unobtainable now a days.  So is that broadcast sheet worth 50 to 75K in value.  Will be interesting to see.  Good luck.

62 Max

And we can do without the stupid videos cuts that are meaningless !! :Twocents:  :no:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Dragon Slayer on March 27, 2020, 08:48:36 AM

Is the paper worth much more then the car.  

So is that broadcast sheet worth 50 to 75K in value.

My personal opinion is any/all paperwork is basically worthless, to me the value of the vehicle is determined by it's current condition and level of finish period,  when purchasing... but there are those that will part with $$$ for factory paperwork

What I do find funny in the "hobby" is there will be those that will insist the paperwork "add$ value", but I'm sure these are the same people who also condemn others for "ransoming off (profiting)" from a buildsheet in their possession to a vehicle owner, claiming it should be "reunited" (given) to the current vehicle owner, who will basically use it to try and "profit" with it at a later date...

Mike  

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 27, 2020, 10:31:00 AM
... What I do find funny in the "hobby" is there will be those that will insist the paperwork "add$ value", but I'm sure these are the same people who also condemn others for "ransoming off (profiting)" from a buildsheet in their possession to a vehicle owner, claiming it should be reunited (given) to the current vehicle who will basically use it to try and "profit" with it at a later date...

Mike 

Luckily, the BS for Richard's #610 car which the previous owner of mine had gave him the original BS found in my car for free.. Galen gave me my broadcast sheet basically for free too.. Funny how it all turned out. Richard found mine, gave to Galen, gave to me. Richard's found in my car by previous owner for which I hooked the 2 up, got back for free.

Mute point on mine anywho. With the current situation globally, mine isn't going anywhere and once the auction is over I am going to start ordering a LOT of parts for the car.. I have a good stash saved up for this...... Julius will come over and help me with the stripe, wheel well undercoating and painting my dash frame..
Troy

gtx6970

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 26, 2020, 06:00:45 AM
Quote from: Y1CHARGER on March 25, 2020, 02:08:32 PM

Never said it was a great deal and that's why I placed the word value in quotation marks... Cars like mine are hard to benchmark a value and market trend since there isn't really a lot of examples to draw analysis from.. It's not like it is a Superbird where there are 8 for sale right now on just eBay....

For me personally you cant compare a 500 to a bird,, regardless of powertrain. IMO the wing trumps any 500.
Now, That said,,, having THE or ONE OF  the very 1st hemi 500s trumps most any Bird except maybe a hemi bird in a good color. Provided the quality is on par with one another.

Would I pay more for this car over any other hemi 500, NO. And I say that because  I personally dont care for a Charger , especially a 500 , regardless of power train.

Its all moot point anyway , Cars at this level are no longer within reach of the common man starting from ground zero ( aka ME )
Which is why i started looking at the 66-67 B body Plymouth's . And was on the hunt looking for a nice 67 GTX when the idea of a certain 66 Hemi Satellite popped into my head. And now I cant get it to go away.

aerolith

Well said GTX6970!

As a fellow Plymouth man the Wingcar situation is a quandary indeed.
Plymouth Superbirds were very, very successful without a doubt, BUT I'd rather have a Daytona ANY DAY!

So like most 'older folks' we all had a chance to buy a wingcar.
But that ship has sailed for most recent Wingcar wanters.

I lucked into a project 4 speed C500 in 2004 and that was the last time I saw a reasonably priced Aero till 'Brownie C500' turned up a few weeks back.

If that never happened I would be more than happy to finish my 440 71 Gtx (with a hemi) and just 'dream' of a Daytona, of any sort... :drool5:

''Be careful what you wish for'' some dreams can turn into NIGHTMARES... :pigsfly:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 28, 2020, 08:40:34 PM
For me personally you cant compare a 500 to a bird,, regardless of powertrain. IMO the wing trumps any 500.
Now, That said,,, having THE or ONE OF  the very 1st hemi 500s trumps most any Bird except maybe a hemi bird in a good color. Provided the quality is on par with one another.

My thoughts exactly, that's why my 500 won't be replaced by any Superbird by itself other than a Superbird with a "R" in the VIN... And as it sits now, I will probably not be getting any Superbird (nor my old car that's been restored) any time soon.. So, then, with that, the ordering and rechroming begins for the 500..
Troy

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 29, 2020, 05:59:17 PM
Now, That said,,, having THE or ONE OF  the very 1st hemi 500s trumps most any Bird except maybe a hemi bird in a good color. Provided the quality is on par with one another.

My thoughts exactly, that's why my 500 won't be replaced by any Superbird by itself other than a Superbird with a "R" in the VIN... And as it sits now, I will probably not be getting any Superbird (nor my old car that's been restored) any time soon.. So, then, with that, the ordering and rechroming begins for the 500..

Your fooling yourself . You may as well back burner it cause your gonna trade it for something else eventially. Mynopinion
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 29, 2020, 06:02:46 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on March 29, 2020, 05:59:17 PM

Your fooling yourself . You may as well back burner it cause your gonna trade it for something else eventially. Mynopinion

Free country..... Free country.... Yes, who knows what I'll do.... Even if I do get it back together and it's finished, I may go on to do something else.... so many here, and other sites, seem to be worried about or have opinions on what someone else is going to do with their cars.... Guess it doesn't mean a damn thing that I've had my Daytona since 2007... Oh wait !!?? Does that mean I actually keep cars?

Fooling myself or not doesn't matter.. It matters what I do... If I kept to some people's opinion, I'd still be with the 318 73 Charger SE I bought in 1981.

Troy