News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Operation Superbird; last night home

Started by hemi68charger, March 21, 2018, 05:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Operation Superbird; last night home.
Been working like a mad-man to get the car into a state to transport to California tomorrow. The car hauler is showing up around noon. After which, I can bring home my new 1969 Charger 500 and pull the trigger on my next Mopar. Man, did a lot over a weekend... So closed another chapter in the Hawkes-Mopar saga..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DonC1

Is that the factory rear plug I see there in bare steel or ? I thought yours had some rust issues.
How big is your garage anyways? Looks about perfect.

hemi68charger

Quote from: DonC1 on June 03, 2019, 12:23:53 AM
Is that the factory rear plug I see there in bare steel or ? I thought yours had some rust issues.
How big is your garage anyways? Looks about perfect.

Hey Don.
That is the original plug.. During the time the car was at the ill-gotten body-shop-from-Hell, it was removed to repair the rust that was in it (basically the lower driver's side corner and some in the lower window channel).  The car was sold to Julius in California. But he moved and now the car is about 5 to 10 miles from me... Funny how things turn out.. I'll probably help him restore the thing......

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DonC1

Hi Troy, ya ..small world. I heard he moved to Houston? for the grandchildren. Prior to that he 'restored ' a 70 Hemi Cuda my bro found in LA ..less engine, plum crazy 4 speed minus interior including dash and vin tag...a ' barn find' for approx $5k,resold to middle party then to J who sold it.