News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger wing window channel

Started by Charger43, June 06, 2019, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger43

o
Anyone have photos of front wing window
Channel? Goes down with the door glass.
And who sells them??

Email: charger4@ptd.net

green69rt

Quote from: Charger43 on June 06, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
o
Anyone have photos of front wing window
Channel? Goes down with the door glass.
And who sells them??

Email: charger4@ptd.net

Oh boy.  What you want is a picture of unobtainium!  Here's a pic of all the parts in a window (including a vent window.)  Is the curved thing in the center what you're talking about.  Thats my old one and it's split length wise.   There used to be some around but all the OEM pieces are gone (I think),  even the reproductions are out-of-stock.  Maybe 69bfan can give you better news.

69bfan

All of the original mylar runs that I have are basically all gone.  I am keeping a couple sets in the event that I should need them in the future.  I have the reproductions available at this time, although several people have made request for them for Carlisle delivery next month.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Charger43

Not sure what it looks like .But the Interior shop working on my car said it's missing .
It goes between vent and door glass. Goes down with door glass.

70 sublime

Quote from: Charger43 on June 07, 2019, 10:07:09 PM
Not sure what it looks like .But the Interior shop working on my car said it's missing .
It goes between vent and door glass. Goes down with door glass.

Are you talking about the part that is on the back edge of the door glass that meets up to the back side window edge ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69bfan

I have attached two pictures of the door glass runs which are the reproductions.  The first picture is the pins which attach the mylar runs to the glass so that it can move up and down inside the vent window frame as the glass goes up and down.  The second is the actual channel run itself.  The "U" shaped portion of the seal grips the glass with the pins.  The wings of the seal acts as a seal to keep trash being sucked into the car and it also acts as a spacer to keep the glass from vibrating within the frame.
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.

green69rt

Those are the runs.  Two things, they are very delicate and easily trashed.  Repops are harder to install because they do not match the curve of the window like OEM does.

Also the nylon spacers are too big.  If possible, compare to the originals and cut/sand down to the correct size.  If you don't do this the window will be extremely hard to crank up and down.

If you don't have the originals just ask someone on here for a comparison picture.

69bfan

Also to add to the issues, the AMD side glass is typically a bit thicker and wavier than the OEM glass, so it makes using the reproduction runs a bit more tedious of an install.

Secondly, be cautious of purchasing what is advertised as NOS or OEM Factory runs.  I have seen on Ebay, vendors falsely advertising pictures of the original pictures, yet hidden in the description, they are in fact the reproductions.  The differences in the pricing and actual profiles are significantly different.

Charger43

Anyone have comparison photos of
Vent window channel pins?????

green69rt

Charger43

INTMD8

Quote from: 69bfan on June 08, 2019, 11:14:11 AM
Also to add to the issues, the AMD side glass is typically a bit thicker and wavier than the OEM glass, so it makes using the reproduction runs a bit more tedious of an install.

Yes, even different from front edge of glass to channel run holes. To install the Mopar channel runs I had to grind the front edge of the AMD glass. (Either glass was a bit longer or holes were put too far inboard).
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq