News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW triple tan big block 69 shell

Started by spoolinhard, June 07, 2019, 03:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolinhard

This is pretty much a rolling shell. Comes with suspension doors decklid, all glass except windshield and nothing else. Has new amd floors from the firewall to the trail light panel. Quarters are useable but will need front and rear patches. New Dutchman panel and full driver side rocker. Clear title in my name.

marshallfry01

Need pictures but just guessing I'd say somewhere between 6-10k depending on options.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

spoolinhard

I've been trying to post pictures, they aren't uploading

alfaitalia

....that's a surprise!  :rofl: I just gave up trying and post links from picture hosting sites....try that.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

F8-4life

I would trade you a 68 coronet daily driver and possibly a 76 coronet station wagon for it.

spoolinhard

Quote from: F8-4life on June 08, 2019, 12:00:35 PM
I would trade you a 68 coronet daily driver and possibly a 76 coronet station wagon for it.

Thanks for the offer, but I am selling it to fund purchasing a different charger

VegasCharger

Quote from: spoolinhard on June 07, 2019, 10:32:50 PM
I've been trying to post pictures, they aren't uploading

If you want, I can post your pics on this thread. If so PM me with email info.

:cheers:

VegasCharger

Pics of OP's (spoolinhard) '69 Charger of topic.

:popcrn:

spoolinhard

Solid rolling shell, clear title. Thoughts on value?

70B5Cuda

Before I throw out a number, how are the rear frame rails, torsion bar crossmember? How bad are the rear window lower corners? Also, it looks as iff the front clip was replaced? Or were used inner fenders just installed? Were the front frame rails sectioned or are the original?
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

spoolinhard

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on June 09, 2019, 12:38:25 PM
Before I throw out a number, how are the rear frame rails, torsion bar crossmember? How bad are the rear window lower corners? Also, it looks as iff the front clip was replaced? Or were used inner fenders just installed? Were the front frame rails sectioned or are the original?

All rails are spotless. I wouldn't have installed a trunk floor if they weren't. The torsion support is also rust free. I used a stretcher/ shrinker to fab up all the window corners, they are repaired and good to go. the Car was in a wreck. I payed to have it on a frame machine and make sure that It was good to go. I replaced the drivers side front rail/inner fender with solid used metal. Cowl and firewall also had damage. Rather than straighten anything, I replaced them with clean mopar metal. I drilled everything out at the spotwelds and put it back the way the factory put it together, so no, they were not sectioned. Keeping the end product in mind, I wanted the car as clean as possible and replacement was the only way to go.

70B5Cuda

The wreck history will scare some off but if you have some factory measurements that you can show/prove squareness, that will help a lot. If you want top dollar, the easiest and most productive thing you can do is clean it up and buff/polish the painted exterior surfaces. Shiny sheetmetal is easy and pays back big dividends. A scuff and coat of primer IN THE ENGINE BAY ONLY will also help a lot. A dirty and multi colored engine bay looks odd.

Now, I can't seen how bad the quarter panels or rear end are from your pictures, but from what I can see.......With a clean title, solid rails, solid crossmember, new floor pans/trunk pans, rear window corners repaired, and polished exterior panels, I think it could bring $12-15K depending on how patient you are. But don't make the mistake of waiting long. Interest/dollars dip as the year goes on...

My numbers could be off if the quarters or the rear valance looks really bad, but I don't think I'm too far off. I'm not joking about the polishing. A clean/shiny presentation and good pictures could be worth a couple thousand dollars in your pocket.

70B5Cuda

Also, what part of the country are you in and where did the car spend most of its life? That will make a difference

spoolinhard

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on June 09, 2019, 05:28:26 PM
The wreck history will scare some off but if you have some factory measurements that you can show/prove squareness, that will help a lot. If you want top dollar, the easiest and most productive thing you can do is clean it up and buff/polish the painted exterior surfaces. Shiny sheetmetal is easy and pays back big dividends. A scuff and coat of primer IN THE ENGINE BAY ONLY will also help a lot. A dirty and multi colored engine bay looks odd.

Now, I can't seen how bad the quarter panels or rear end are from your pictures, but from what I can see.......With a clean title, solid rails, solid crossmember, new floor pans/trunk pans, rear window corners repaired, and polished exterior panels, I think it could bring $12-15K depending on how patient you are. But don't make the mistake of waiting long. Interest/dollars dip as the year goes on...

My numbers could be off if the quarters or the rear valance looks really bad, but I don't think I'm too far off. I'm not joking about the polishing. A clean/shiny presentation and good pictures could be worth a couple thousand dollars in your pocket.

The car needs a rear valance. It has a clean title. There  is zero collision dammage. Like I said, the car has been on a professional frame machine. Anything that had wrinkles in it was replaced.
The car was a Montana car.

I am just north of you in Iowa
Thanks for your input! I think that I will have the front clip blasted and primered and list it on eBay