News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flex plate to converter bolts

Started by john108, June 07, 2019, 04:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

ARP recommends Moly lube on the bolt threads and face.
I have read other posts where the bolts have backed off and caused ticking.
I don't remember if Loctite is recommended instead of lube.
I would appreciate recommendations and consensus.
Thank you
John

green69rt

FSM does not say anything about thread locker or lubricant, only that torque spec is 270 inch-pounds.  but a little removable thread locker would seem to be a good idea.  I can't see any reason to lubricate the threads unless it's to make the torque reading accurate.  :shruggy:

alfaitalia

.....or inaccurate in this case since the quoted figure is without lubricant.......
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

I always use Locktite. I have a tube of red gel that gets spread on each bolt. I have had them back out before in the past and it was always when NO Locktite was used.

A383Wing

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 07, 2019, 07:20:02 PM
I always use Locktite. I have a tube of red gel that gets spread on each bolt. I have had them back out before in the past and it was always when NO Locktite was used.

:iagree: