News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chryslers at Carlisle

Started by 69bfan, June 09, 2019, 10:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bfan

The upcoming Chrysler show at Carlisle is just 32 days away.  Surprising that there has not been any discussion of the event here on this site.  For those who have never been to the show.  It has to be one of the premiere shows for followers of the Mopar brand.  This year will be really special with special emphasis of the 69 model year.  https://carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=chrysler+nationals

Stop by and say hello, we are located just outside of building T in rows H and I in spots 138 through 143. 
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

VegasCharger

You're not too far away from my spots (F65, F66, F67) I'll try to stop by after the daily rushes.

:cheers:

69bfan

Stop by and say hello.  Hopefully, I will be pulling into our spaces by mid afternoon on Monday and pull out around 1 on Sunday.  I stay at our spaces during that time, so pretty easy to find me.  Have a safe trip.
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.

4cruzin

Surprised there isn't more organization / planned activities for this event?  No club tent?  No club meet? 

I am a member/ admin for the ebodies.org forum and there are all kinds of activities planned plus we reserved a 20x40 tent in the ebody area for everyone . . . in the tent we will have a BBQ, keg of beer and then other plans for after hours. 

:shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69bfan

I was shocked when I saw that nobody had posted anything about the show as I was the first to post the dates for the show this past weekend.  The Carlisle show is an amazing event for anyone that is fan of these cars and there history in general.  Myself and about four others have been publicizing the event over on FBBO.  A tent is already in place with tables and chairs for the weekend and I think that between the FBBO and FABO group, I can probably put close to 40 people attending the event.  As you stated, the E-Body.org group has been working on the logistics of the event for probably over nine months and they have a well laid out agenda for the weekend.

It takes planning to pull off a group activity of this nature.  Whatever the case, there is so much going on that weekend, that most people cannot take it all in no matter how tight you schedule your days.  I know for myself, once I arrive and start to unload the truck, I am pretty much locked into our vending spots until the truck is loaded up on Saturday night.

Hope that some of the members here can get out and support a really awesome show.

VegasCharger

Quote from: 69bfan on June 13, 2019, 08:26:02 AM
Stop by and say hello.  Hopefully, I will be pulling into our spaces by mid afternoon on Monday and pull out around 1 on Sunday.  I stay at our spaces during that time, so pretty easy to find me.  Have a safe trip.

Well if that's the case I can swing by on Tuesday for a short visit. I'm dropping off my trailer and unloading my truck around 3-5pm then heading off to Hershey to stay over night and visit the facility on Wednesday (friend's request). Then I'll be back later that day (Wed) say around 3-5pm to start setting up in detail. So either Tuesday for a short visit or Wednesday evening for a longer visit or both lol. Because once Thursday rolls around as you know it's glued to the spot. We're not staying on the grounds during the overnights, we have a hotel 3 miles away. We'll roll out on Sunday.

I forget your first name?

My name is Bryan. See you soon.

You as well have a safe trip.  :cheers:

69bfan

Bryan,
I cannot imagine making the drive, especially pulling a trailer from Vegas to Carlisle and back.  It is bad enough to make the 742 miles for me, which takes us close to 14 hours.  My hat is off to you for making that effort.  I know that Bob with ABC Moparts makes the drive from Arizona.  Be careful,
Richard

birdsandbees

Wish I had the time this year!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

alfaitalia

On my bucket list to do...I wanted to make the trip this year....but life gets in the way....and the trip would be funded from Charger project cash (or so says Mrs Alfaitalia!!) Which is the nearest airport and how far from the showground? Would love to put faces to the names!! One day!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

will

Harrisburg would be the closest international airport. Washington Dulles or Philadelphia might be better as far as options, then puddle jumper from there.

alfaitalia

69bfan

I have not checked recently, but a couple of years ago, it was cheaper to fly into Baltimore than any of the other nearby airports.  It was still not an outrageous drive and you would save a considerable amount of dollars.  But Harrisburg would be the closest airport.

VegasCharger

Quote from: 69bfan on June 14, 2019, 09:46:00 PM
Bryan,
I cannot imagine making the drive, especially pulling a trailer from Vegas to Carlisle and back.  It is bad enough to make the 742 miles for me, which takes us close to 14 hours.  My hat is off to you for making that effort.  I know that Bob with ABC Moparts makes the drive from Arizona.  Be careful,
Richard

Yeah my moniker says "VegasCharger" but I'm currently in Ohio. So I'll traveling from there (Akron, OH). But I did meet some folks at the Spring Fling show in Van Nuys, CA while living in Las Vegas and they make the haul from there to Carlisle on a yearly basis.

4cruzin

I can't imagine pulling a trailer from Arizona or Vegas . . the costs would be outrageous!  I know just me pulling my car from Michigan was out of control with costs . . . I spent more in tolls than I did in gas!  Going to try a new route this year maybe . . . to avoid the toll roads . . .  :brickwall:

alfaitalia

Every day is a school day...did not know you had toll roads in the US. They have them on mainland Europe..but not this side of the English Channel. .....well there is one short one..the M6 toll...but since the normal free M6 runs parallel I never bother (too far North for me normally) and it's only used when the other one is jammed...can't believe it makes any cash.

VegasCharger

Going to try the same and avoid the Ohio/PA turnpikes. Cost me over $100.00 round trip last year. That's for three axles.

birdsandbees

Sounds like I really need to plan my route to Dega or I may have to put the wife out on a street corner when we get there...  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Lennard

Quote from: birdsandbees on June 17, 2019, 09:49:16 PM
Sounds like I really need to plan my route to Dega or I may have to put the wife out on a street corner when we get there...  :lol:
:lol:

NHCharger

I will be there in the fun field with my Daytona clone in the 68-70 B-Body modified section.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

4cruzin

I just checked and I have a route with no toll roads but it adds 1 hour 15 minutes to my ride . . .  :scratchchin:

alfaitalia

....but how much cash would that save you? Then of course I'm guessing there would be extra fuel to pay for which would eat some of the savings.

mopar0166

4cruzin

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 19, 2019, 09:13:17 AM
....but how much cash would that save you? Then of course I'm guessing there would be extra fuel to pay for which would eat some of the savings.

Last year I spent $177 in tolls total there and back . . . Still thinking about it.   :shruggy:  My stats from last year . . .

Distance traveled :  504 miles each way - total 1008
Time traveled:  7 hours 32 Min there - 7 hours 11 minutes return  - Total 14 hours 43 minutes
Gas used: 89.2 gallons
MPG: 11.3 average
Gas purchased: $264.11
Tolls:  To Show: $95.05     From Show: $72.15  Hotel to show: $10.40 - Total: $177.60    
Hotel: 3 nights - $285.27
Beer consumed: 22

I stated above that I spent more in tolls than gas . . . I see I was mistaken.  Still that's a lot for tolls . . .

alfaitalia

It is...$10.40 for a hotel? I'm guessing you had to sleep in the car park for that price!

NHCharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 22, 2019, 02:09:47 AM
It is...$10.40 for a hotel? I'm guessing you had to sleep in the car park for that price!
The way I read it is that it cost him $10.40 in tolls going to and from the show from the hotel.
The cost for the hotel was $285
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel