News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

some people are over the top

Started by 1974dodgecharger, June 11, 2019, 06:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

::) :o

c00nhunterjoe

comet_666

8K for heads?
I would say that's over the top yah lol

c00nhunterjoe

Depends on what you are doing. 8k is not over the top for a set of performance heads in many classes and cases.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 11, 2019, 08:46:36 PM
Depends on what you are doing. 8k is not over the top for a set of performance heads in many classes and cases.

seems over the top, but it was built with durability in mind.  I think some regular eddy hemi heads would of worked just fine, but the springs and everything wouldnt be able to handle a blown application?

whats your opinion?

c00nhunterjoe

Anything with the words "hemi" and "blower" in it are expensive. 8k for a race prep wedge head is not out ofthe ordinary. A pair of "stocker" 906 iron heads will cost you 8k and a pair of out of the box eddys will out flow them at .600 lift.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 12, 2019, 06:07:48 AM
Anything with the words "hemi" and "blower" in it are expensive. 8k for a race prep wedge head is not out ofthe ordinary. A pair of "stocker" 906 iron heads will cost you 8k and a pair of out of the box eddys will out flow them at .600 lift.

thats how I felt... :cheers:

c00nhunterjoe

My general rule of thumb to people asking about engine costs- whatever you spend on the short block, you should expect to spend on the heads. Heads are where power is made or lost in 90% of the cases.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 12, 2019, 10:33:28 AM
My general rule of thumb to people asking about engine costs- whatever you spend on the short block, you should expect to spend on the heads. Heads are where power is made or lost in 90% of the cases.

thats is a very good quote....I will carry that with me as a guideline.   :2thumbs:

Q5XX29

Much of the time, you get what you pay for. Having had Tim/FHO build me two custom complete Hemis, I can vouch for his incredible knowledge, work, and products. His heads, or complete engines, are second to none, in my opinion.
dakota_gt on Instagram

BSB67

Quote from: Q5XX29 on July 01, 2019, 12:03:00 PM
Much of the time, you get what you pay for.

My experience, this is almost always true.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph