News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger repro flip top gas cap question

Started by johntpr, June 12, 2019, 05:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johntpr

Does anyone still sell the repro gas caps that have the proper mopar symbols and part numbers under the cap and on the attaching ring ? All the repros I see now dont have any markings.

gtx6970

John,
Once BEA got out of it. any licensed parts he sold dried up pretty quick.
You might get lucky and find one of his dealers with one. But dont hold your breath

johntpr

Hmm. Year One used to sell too, but  not anymore. Mike Ross from BE&A has no more he said.  Oh well.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

VegasCharger

$600.00 for a FREAKIN' gas cap??

Insane $$$ for a bunch of stupid numbers IMO.

To recap, numbers aren't stupid, but they are at that price.

:cheers:

b5blue

My re-pop cap is about 4 years old and pitting badly. The hinge and catch clip pins rusting. It's a crap cap. I may go rogue with a big Le Mans style aluminum cap!

green69rt

Quote from: b5blue on June 13, 2019, 08:02:31 AM
My re-pop cap is about 4 years old and pitting badly. The hinge and catch clip pins rusting. It's a crap cap. I may go rouge with a big Le Mons style aluminum cap!

Ahhh, the joys of auto correct. :lol:

odcics2

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 13, 2019, 04:19:45 AM
Good ole Frank Mitchell still has some NOS if you want to pony up for part numbers!

PS---hope all is well John!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MoPar-1969-1970-Dodge-Charger-Plymouth-Barracuda-flip-top-GAS-CAP-FUEL/362350406739?fits=Model%3ACharger&epid=1723739536&hash=item545dc46c53:g:S4EAAOSwWqNbHs0E

Only $54. a month for a year, according to the ebay ad!   :2thumbs:

A LOT for a 318 Charger, but for a Daytona???   Good question.  Only the owner knows the answer.    :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

VegasCharger

Quote from: odcics2 on June 13, 2019, 01:08:01 PM
.....Only $54. a month for a year, according to the ebay ad!   :2thumbs:

"Honey I'm doing the budget tonight, what's this payment of $54.00 due for?"

:smilielol:

469 runner

Frank Mitchell died several years ago.  His business was purchased and is being run out of the same location.  I don't know who the new owners are.

VegasCharger

Quote from: 469 runner on June 21, 2019, 01:19:17 AM
Frank Mitchell died several years ago.  His business was purchased and is being run out of the same location.  I don't know who the new owners are.

These guys were my swap neighbors last year at the NATS. Very cool guys.

Here's the info from their business card:

AMS Obsolete
706-337-4606
email: parts@amsnos.com
13459 Fairmount Hwy SE
Fairmount, GA 30139

:cheers:

69bfan

Mike Carter was the purchaser of the business.  Even before Frank's passing, Mike had bought the business a couple of years earlier and had employed Frank to assist in the running of the business.  Mike and his guys are real car people and has been around the industry for many years.  He is a true asset to the business.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

odcics2

Quote from: green69rt on June 13, 2019, 08:06:01 AM
Quote from: b5blue on June 13, 2019, 08:02:31 AM
My re-pop cap is about 4 years old and pitting badly. The hinge and catch clip pins rusting. It's a crap cap. I may go rouge with a big Le Mons style aluminum cap!

Ahhh, the joys of auto correct. :lol:

"LeMans"   also!! 

:lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?