News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1991 Ford Crown Vic. No start condition. Fuel pump does not shut off.

Started by GMP440, June 12, 2019, 07:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMP440

Hello,

I did not have the pcm tested.  It came out of a running car.  I knew the owner of the crown vic  that the pcm came out of.

b5blue

And the PCM numbers match each other? I got a BOSH fuel pump/sender assy. for 26.00 on eBay figuring 92 car, 75K miles it's aged out from sitting around. (200 to install)

GMP440

Update: Yesterday, after I swapped out pcms I reported back that I was still having the same issue with the fuel pump continuously running. Well, later on that day I started the engine. Shut it off, let sit ten minutes. Went back, turned the key to ignition 1, fuel pump ran for a second or two, engine started fine. I let it idle for a few minutes then shut it off. I let the car sit for 30 minutes, came back,went to start the engine, fuel pump ran for a second shut off, engine ran. Later that night tried again. Went to start the engine, fuel pump ran for a second ,started right up.
I let the car sit over night. This morning about 7:30 am went to start the car. Fuel pump on for a second, engine started right up.
Didn't think about it then, but the PCM has to do it's relearning. Once the relearn process is done, then normal operations resume again.
Now the car is starting right up. Have not road tested the car to see how it performs with the pcm that I put in.