News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 RT Engine Bay...Have a look

Started by Rudderguy, June 11, 2019, 08:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudderguy

Hey All,

I know the top rad hose is not correct, or the battery/cables, and the valve cover bolts....anything else you experts can comment on...good or bad?

Enjoy your day

Rudderguy
Rudder Guy

Rudderguy

Forgot to attach pic..!!!

Rudder Guy

70 sublime

Don't think they used gear clamps on the heater hoses either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mytur Binsdirti

Missing the plug wire bracket on thermostat housing
Wrong fasteners that hold the vacuum hoses on the top of the inner fender
The heater hose bracket on top of the alternator should not be painted.
Possibly wrong air cleaner
Valve cover breather should be chrome

That's all I can see, which are all minor things.

Rudderguy

Minor is good I guess...Thanks "mytur" (lol)....I appreciate you taking a look
Rudder Guy

bakerhillpins

I believe that the midland ross power brake booster is the only correct booster for a 68 with power drums (based upon the master cylinder). It's also supposed to be plated not painted black. I believe the booster on it is a bendix single diaphragm unit. My 69 had one of those when I got it.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Rudderguy on June 11, 2019, 10:15:42 AM
Minor is good I guess...Thanks "mytur" (lol)....I appreciate you taking a look

Is this a car you're looking to purchase? If so, is there any other areas needing to be scrutinized?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A383Wing

Negative cable should have engine paint on part of it, also, looks like all your distributor spark plug terminal rubber boots are all straight.....some should be 90*....I'll try and find a picture

Curious, what color is the exterior of the car?

Bryan

Rudderguy

Thanks Bryan...the car is GG1...white stripes...black roof.
Rudder Guy

A383Wing

If car is GG1, then the entire engine bay under the hood should also be the same color as the outside of the car, not black.....

Bryan

INTMD8

Looks green to me (car and engine compartment)
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Mytur Binsdirti

A383Wing

OK, my bad....looks black on my screens....

Here is pic of a 440 engine's distributors wires......#1 is first plug wire to the left of the dist cap clamp next to the alternator.....so counting wires in firing order going CCW from #1, the 90* boots would be #8, #3, #5, & #7

I have an old Mopar magazine here that had an article showing an untouched original engine bay and also showed the wires at the distributor cap......this is what I went by on my car.......

Bryan

Rudderguy

Wow...Thanks Bryan...I am trying to put everything back as it should have been...I really appreciate the info...and yes it is GG1 all around...just the light in the photo.
Rudder Guy

Back N Black

The bulkhead wiring looks old (original) maybe have a look under the dash and check condition of wires.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Back N Black on June 16, 2019, 07:52:32 PM
The bulkhead wiring looks old (original) maybe have a look under the dash and check condition of wires.

Agreed. Also, upon closer look, do I see just two headlight vacuum hoses going through the bulkhead, or is the third obscured by the other two?

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise