News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 Charger SRT8 Buying Advice

Started by JMF, June 13, 2019, 06:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Might be going to look at a 2007 Charger SRT8 , just wondering if there's any common problem areas to look for on these ? I'd obviously do the regular checks as you do when buying a used car , it has 87k miles , thanks

c00nhunterjoe

Trans fluid if its an auto. Rear 1/4s for rust lower front edge.

moparstuart

axles and drive shaft  ,  Rear carriers wear out fast too if its been abused   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gtx6970

front strut mounts and outer tie rod ends are common wear items

FJMG

I have an 06 with similar mileage;
The following items were changed once so far:
     all four wheel bearings
     Front pads and rotors
      Rear pads
     Lug nuts
     Inner tie rods
     Trans fluid
      Power steering fluid
      Dipstick tube handle (almost any Mopar has same handle, just pop the pin and swap)
The following were changed twice so far;
     All four front LCA bushings
      Rear diff fluid (I believe manual calls for 32 k interval?)
      Outer tie rods

The highest wear item on this car is the tires: 6 sets so far  :coolgleamA:

Just finished a 3200 mile  road trip through the mtns., 20-24 mpg

JMF

Thanks for the replies, I used to have an 05 Mustang GT, any idea how the Charger compares ? I know the Charger has more HP but I think it's heavier than the Mustang

Also considering a Camaro, how they compare ? Sorry I know this is a Mopar site  :icon_smile_big:

c00nhunterjoe

Almost 1000 lbs heavier then the stang. But more fun

Mike DC

Imagine a classic B/E-body with a stock (cast iron) 426 Hemi engine plopped down on the passenger seat and chained into place.   

That's a serious weight problem. 

Ponch ®

the pink thingy, though odds are it probably already broke and has been replaced by a previous owner.

Other than that...unless you're buying it from an old lady*, it's probably been driven hard...

*and yes, the "old lady" SRT's do exist. A lot of them walked into a dealership and asked for the "luxury" version of the car and some clever salesman told them "this one has all the bells and whistles...". Probably never been driven over 55 mph  :lol:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?