News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 RT Dual Snorkel Rubbing Hood underneath

Started by Rudderguy, June 17, 2019, 10:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudderguy

Good Day All,

I have a dual snorkel on my 68 Charger RT.  The drivers side snorkel is rubbing slightly on the hood underneath.  Original 440 engine, original Carter carb.

Air cleaner looks level from the eye.  Is there an easy way to adjust the angle of the snorkel to bring the drivers side down slightly?

Thanks

Macdon221
Rudder Guy

Rudderguy

Rudder Guy

303 Mopar

Possible broken engine mount. Torque of the engine causes the drivers side to raise up so that may be why your air cleaner is now hitting.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

BSB67

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 18, 2019, 09:36:32 AM
Possible broken engine mount. Torque of the engine causes the drivers side to raise up so that may be why your air cleaner is now hitting.

This

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Rudderguy

So not a broken engine mount.

The air filter in there is a FRAM CA127. The described height of this filter is 3.516 inches.

The top of air cleaner of my dual snorkel with the filter in there does not bottom out in the base plate.  Close.  But not quite.  If I take the filter out and just install the top of the air cleaner dual snorkel...zero issues even under engine load. It does not strike at all. 

A filter that was 3.25 inches in height would work perfect.  Any suggestions here?

Rudder Guy

Rudderguy

Or would you suggest a very minor height drop base.  It is the original carter carb...that works/runs great!
Rudder Guy

303 Mopar

Quote from: Rudderguy on June 19, 2019, 08:14:17 AM
Or would you suggest a very minor height drop base.  It is the original carter carb...that works/runs great!

Smaller filter would be cheapest/easiest.

Rudderguy

Been scouring trying to find a filter same diameter but only 3.25 inches high.  Cant seem to find one.  It drops down to 2.75 inches...I do not want to go that small.
Rudder Guy

303 Mopar

Quote from: Rudderguy on June 18, 2019, 10:40:25 PM
So not a broken engine mount.

The air filter in there is a FRAM CA127. The described height of this filter is 3.516 inches.

The top of air cleaner of my dual snorkel with the filter in there does not bottom out in the base plate.  Close.  But not quite.  If I take the filter out and just install the top of the air cleaner dual snorkel...zero issues even under engine load. It does not strike at all. 

A filter that was 3.25 inches in height would work perfect.  Any suggestions here?

Quick Google of 12x3 filters returned a bunch of results, and here is a Fram one - http://www.fram.com/parts-search/CA324A