News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona nose inner air seals

Started by held1823, June 18, 2019, 02:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

discuss, please

who makes the best ones? prices are all over the spectrum. are there others i didn't include here?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemigeno

Quote from: hemigeno on June 21, 2019, 10:41:39 AM
Without hesitation, I would recommend using the parts from David Patik / PCG.  His are cut from bulk masticated rubber, and would be like the originals except you can't find anyone who uses Asbestos fibers in their manufacturing process.

During my Daytona's restoration, I spent about 6 months researching rubber products with David Patik through several different manufacturers, and (as far as I know), David is still using the same manufacturer I had found to have the closest-to-original thickness, texture & durometer.  The durometer is not quite the same, but no one knows the durometer of the original material prior to 40-50 years of aging anyway.  The durometer of the stuff David uses is as high as the manufacturer will take it... the plant manager told me if they let it stay & harden in the mixing vat any longer, it would not come out at all.

I had purchased a set of the Dale's Cuda Shop seals first, and at the time I did not like how different they were from the originals - which is what prompted my search for better raw materials.

held1823

thanks, gene.  exactly the feedback i was hoping for.

i knew i had seem someone mention not liking the first set they had but couldn't recall who it was, or what they ended up using.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on June 21, 2019, 10:50:55 AM
thanks, gene.  exactly the feedback i was hoping for.

i knew i had seem someone mention not liking the first set they had but couldn't recall who it was, or what they ended up using.

I know some little birdy told you to call Gene a while ago     :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE