News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric water pump

Started by comet_666, June 18, 2019, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I was thinking of going with one and adding a puller fan to my setup.
Pro's /cons of a setup like that? Thoughts on what pump/fan set up works well
My car runs around 180-195 but for piece of mind...  or am I wasting my $$ ?
running Wizard 26" radiator 1640-100  / 1.25" tubes

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,124503.0.html

as always, thanks!

c00nhunterjoe

In most cases on a primarily street car, the stock pumps are the way to go. If it were more strip oriented then street, i would consider an electric pump. Meziere is the best. Have them on 2 of mine. The charger has a cvr in a stock style aluminum housing. I personally have no issues. The cvr cools my filled block 440 fine with a 22" radiator and 1 large puller fan.  The mezeire gets the job done on the max wedge with a filled block and iron heads and a 22" radiator but at long idle in the summer it will creep up with only 2 small puller fans until i get to about 20 mph. I dont have enough surface area covered with the fan setup but im out of room in that one.
    Conclusion: leave the stock setup alone unless you are crazy like me.

comet_666

LOL
ok..I will take your advice

the reason I ask is because I want to add a puller fan assembly that my fi tech can control and there is no at all there.

thanks!

darbgnik

Quote from: comet_666 on June 19, 2019, 10:29:49 AM
LOL
ok..I will take your advice

the reason I ask is because I want to add a puller fan assembly that my fi tech can control and there is no at all there.

thanks!

Seems most puller fans will clear the water pump pulley as long as you stick with v-belts, mine does, just. Also controlled by my EFI setup.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html