News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tuning a stock 440

Started by westcoastdodge, June 20, 2019, 02:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

hi guys helping out a friend with a 440 charger, engine is a fresh stock build it has a brand new out of the box edelbrock thunder series 650 cfm carb.timing is at 14 degrees(vac disconnected)car idles ok but seems very rich like burning your eyes rich :eek2: the i think the problem may be the inlet manifold(torker11)and not a dual plane is what i think should be installed,could this intake cause this sort of issue??thoughts input would be appreciated cheers guys :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Challenger340

Quote from: westcoastdodge on June 20, 2019, 02:49:56 PM
hi guys helping out a friend with a 440 charger, engine is a fresh stock build it has a brand new out of the box edelbrock thunder series 650 cfm carb.timing is at 14 degrees(vac disconnected)car idles ok but seems very rich like burning your eyes rich :eek2: the i think the problem may be the inlet manifold(torker11)and not a dual plane is what i think should be installed,could this intake cause this sort of issue??thoughts input would be appreciated cheers guys :2thumbs:

What Cam ? Like a completely "stocK" cam ?
and
What PISTONS ? in the fresh "stock" build ?

The Torker II may indeed be a little large in the plenum area for good distribution/A/F velocity with the small Cam ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BSB67

First guess guess, vacuum leak.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

westcoastdodge

hey guys,thanks for the input,my bad not a complete rebuild just a freshen up with original cam and pistons,re ringed new bearings i did not get the chance to look inside the motor when it was apart :scratchchin:
:cheers:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz