News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Hemi charger on ebay XS29J9B197517

Started by tan top, June 21, 2019, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It is betting close to Barrett Jackson time, all values automatically go up then.

taxspeaker

Wouldn't it be hard to bring that car into united states?

INTMD8

Quote from: taxspeaker on December 23, 2019, 07:23:21 AM

Inconvenient maybe but not at all difficult.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

F8-4life

Missing the hemi so automatically need another 25k just to start on making it correct.

birdsandbees

Quote from: taxspeaker on December 23, 2019, 07:23:21 AM
A LOT easier for you to take one South than it is for us to bring one North I can certainly tell you that !! If he has an ownership, come get it, hit the border and go home with it.

We have to worry about a USA car being registered with a clear title, give the border 72 hours notice.. through the one and ONLY broker that is allowed by US Customs to do the paperwork. Coordinate all this and first present yourself to US customs before leaving the USA and have them rubber stamp the paperwork, then show up at Canadian Customs with above rubber stamped paperwork and pay GST on the spot on the purchase price of the car.. and then maybe get to proceed home. What has made me miss a LOT of cars from State side.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

alfaitalia

Interesting....but the border between you and the States must be thousands of miles long with hundreds if not thousands of roads and tracks between the two counties (not to mention lakes you could sail across). How can that possibly be policed....surely it must be easy to travel between the two counties undetected.....until Trump decides a wall is a good idea of course!....not that that will work having seen Mexicans get over it in 20 second or so on the news the other night ....money well spent there then!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

darbgnik

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 23, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
Interesting....but the border between you and the States must be thousands of miles long with hundreds if not thousands of roads and tracks between the two counties (not to mention lakes you could sail across). How can that possibly be policed....surely it must be easy to travel between the two counties undetected.....until Trump decides a wall is a good idea of course!....not that that will work having seen Mexicans get over it in 20 second or so on the news the other night ....money well spent there then!

Many ways to get across the border, but a lot less official points of entry. I've never had a hard time importing cars from the US into Canada, and have heard importing them back into the US is even easier. I've driven them across the border myself, and used brokers, not too bad, after you've done one.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

birdsandbees

Has nothing to do with "getting across the border" alf... it's being able to actually register the car once you do!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

alfaitalia

Gotcha...we don't have those issues in Europe....freedom of movement for goods and people between all the Member States......will be different for us Brits after Brexit of course (worst idea ever but that's a whole different kettle of fish!!)........
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!