News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone bought this Mopar battery cap and sticker kit?

Started by GMP440, June 24, 2019, 09:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMP440

Has anyone bought this kit to give your existing battery the old Mopar look? 
Not bad for the price.  Don't even need a flat top battery for this; just take the caps off and put the old style caps in.  Then, apply the sticker.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Battery-S27M-red-kit-6-caps-1966-1974-/312326370230

ACUDANUT

chargervert

I'm all for fraud in this case, after buying about 4 Mopar restoration batteries, and not getting more than 2 seasons out of them,buy a good battery and fake the hell out of it!

birdsandbees

Fraud.. come on.. start posting some positive stuff here! It's not correct anyhow.. they didn't have stickers but plain old black letters moulded in. The caps on the other hand.. not a bad way to display. Actually thought about taking the caps off, one of my two, 27 series for the Bird and bonding them on a flat top.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Bronzedodge

There's got to be some closer than overseas?  It ships from Binche, Belgium.     :shruggy:
Mopar forever!

billssuperbird

Friend of mine got that kit and put it on a battery as far as I'm concerned it look really good in his 64 Plymouth  :2thumbs:

kent

Quote from: Bronzedodge on June 28, 2019, 04:41:05 AM
There's got to be some closer than overseas?  It ships from Binche, Belgium.     :shruggy:

Did you see the part about FREE shipping? That brings a tear to my eye being Canadian and all. lol
Kent

Ghoste

See them on auction cars once in a while.  At a passing glance people dont usually notice.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Just 6T9 CHGR

GREAT idea!  Why didnt someone in the US think of it!?!?!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

GMP440

Recieved my Mopar battery cap and sticker set a few weeks ago.  I made my own battery top.  Looks pretty nice.  

Back N Black

Quote from: GMP440 on August 03, 2019, 09:28:29 PM

Recieved my Mopar battery cap and sticker set a few weeks ago.  I made my own battery top.  Looks pretty nice.  

I like it.

Aero426

Won't fool an expert, but it gets rid of that modern battery look that sticks out like a sore thumb.   I'll call it a winner.

six-tee-nine

I dont find enough spare time to get arond here as much as I want to, but every 2 weeks I still try to follow the recent posts...
Being Belgian, It was easy checking the VAT number in the Ebay add wich seems legit.
The  guy seems to be active in advertising and grafic design. I cant say anything about the quality he's sending out, but I dont think its a scammer either... 

Good luck guys.

vatcheck
Geldig btw-nummer
Het nummer is geldig op de opgegeven datum.

BTW nummer      BE 0731710392
Naam      Bruyr, Gauthier
Adres      Rue de Merbes(BUV) 388
7133 Binche
Aanvraag datum      2019-08-16
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

UFO

Not a scammer. My order arrived yesterday. Which is great service when you consider how far it had to travel.

six-tee-nine

The world upside down....

This would be the only part for my Charger I can order on my side of the ocean....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

billssuperbird

I just bought the battery cap kit works fine shipping is great also looks good now :2thumbs: