News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Gremlins

Started by ODZKing, June 27, 2019, 02:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

Has anyone ever had this issue? Installed a new heater motor last fall. First chance I've rally had to use it since the weather has been so crappy.
I was going to a cruise-in last night with the 73 and had the A/C on. Everything fine until I switched the fan to high. Fan works fine but the oil pressure gauge and fuel gauge die.
Didn't notice at first and though, ooh better get some gas. Then I thought, wait I just put gas in this.
Not sure what made me try it but turned the fan off, gauges come back up (slowly as they should). Only seems to do it A/C mode, fine on vent, didn't really try heat. And ONLY in HIGH setting, not med or low.
Switch? Something with A/C ... any ideas?

70 sublime

Where your head lights on ?
Are you getting close to the edge of your available electric supply capacity ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ODZKing

No, no lights. Just A/C and radio

John_Kunkel

From my experience it's not unusual to find the A/C fan switch wires melted at the terminals, aged connections and poorly designed switches make for high resistance; that along with other electrical ills (ammeter, etc.) make for a lack of available current at some times.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ODZKing

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 28, 2019, 05:25:58 PM
From my experience it's not unusual to find the A/C fan switch wires melted at the terminals, aged connections and poorly designed switches make for high resistance; that along with other electrical ills (ammeter, etc.) make for a lack of available current at some times.
My thinking as well John. There no issue in any of the heat modes, and was at idol, driving, any speed.
So I went out to try a few things. First I tried unplugging the blower motor. and naturally with it unplugged I could hear the compressor kick on but no fan and no issue at full speed. All right, next plug the blower motor back in. Make sure it is tight and HUH! Problem gone. Now here is the part I don't understand ... IF it was getting a bad connection why did all 3 speeds work and furthermore WHY is it OK now? Connection obviously but????
I cleaned connection, bend the plugs a bit so they are presses together tightly and issue seems to have disappeared. I also put a new connector on the one end, may replace both at some point but I'm going to drive it for a while and see if this happens again. Also They are right over the exhaust manifold on passenger side ... and loose.  :brickwall: