News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yet another wiper motor post

Started by skippychad, June 28, 2019, 07:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skippychad

1969 charger  3 speed wiper motor.   motor has just been restored and works...jumped the system right to the battery.  New dash harness with bulk head plug being new.  figuring it is the switch, but also wondering if there is a fuse for the wiper motor in the fuse box.  does anyone know?  Is it the first fuse labeled accessory?   Or should I shot gun a switch?  thanks in advance.

71charger_fan

If 69 Chargers are the same, 68 Satellite wiper switches were powered by the pink wire on the plug. The motor was controlled by the dark blue, dark green, red, and brown wires coming from bulkhead disconnect cavities H, G, F, and E respectively. I can't imagine it would have been cost effective to wire Chargers differently and change it from year to year. On 68 Plymouth B-bodies, the wiper power came off the accessory circuit (a black wire from the fuse block to a splice where the pink wire originated). Again, don't know if it's the same for Dodges or for 69

green69rt

Here is a test procedure for a 3 speed motor in case you haven't already seen it.  I'll have to go look at the diagrams to confirm but I think the Acces fuse is for the wipers.

http://www.passion4mopars.com/How-To-Bench-Test-A-3-Speed-Mopar-Wiper-Motor-Incl-Leece-NevilleGeneral-Industries-Motors_b_4.html

skippychad

Wiper switch was bad.  Arm and a leg to refurbish it but all is well.  Thanks everyone