News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 RT Heater Hoses

Started by Rudderguy, July 02, 2019, 10:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudderguy

I have the parts manual for the 68 models...but cant seem to find the page with the part numbers on it for the heater hoses. Been through it multiple times. Websites selling the parts seem to say that the part numbers are 1300523 and 2485961. Anyone confirm this is the correct part numbers?

Do they come the exact length for the application or is trimming them required?

Which one goes on what side from the firewall?
Rudder Guy

BLK 68 R/T

I have the parts manual for the 68 models...but cant seem to find the page with the part numbers on it for the heater hoses. Been through it multiple times. Websites selling the parts seem to say that the part numbers are 1300523 and 2485961. Anyone confirm this is the correct part numbers? Don't know, but they should both be 5/8" hose

Do they come the exact length for the application or is trimming them required? Trimming required

Which one goes on what side from the firewall?

70 sublime

I always thought the heater hoses were two different diameters ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BLK 68 R/T

Up until '70 they are the same size. 1970 is when they went to the 2 different sizes, 1/2" and 5/8".

maxwellwedge

Per the pic above - notice how the hoses cross? This is correct and seen on many survivors.
I believe 68-69 hose have the same numbers on the hose. ....maybe even 66 and 67.
1605534 and 1527532. Yes, they used one of each - even though they are the same size......probably something to do with the length for the workers?
Here is my 69....

HeavyFuel

Always check your service manual or other reliable source.   For example....'68 A/C cars (440) have no cross-over routing of hoses.

Rudderguy

The diagrams are great info...back to my original question... are these numbers, 1300523 and 2485961...correct for my 68 RT?  Where is the best place to buy them with the correct numbers on them and place to get the proper clamps?

Thanks
Rudder Guy

Rudderguy

A little more research on part numbers stamped into the hose...Some retailers are stating the number for one of the hoses is 24"3"5 961...and others 24"8"5 961.

What is correct?
Rudder Guy

69bfan

For the 68 B-Body application, it should be 1300523 and 2435961.  The 67 B-Body application is the 1300523 and 2585961 numbers.  That is the numbers that we have documented for the hoses that we provide and have licensed with Chrysler.  Hopes that this will help you.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

maxwellwedge

Parts book numbers don't always correspond to engineering numbers found on some components.
Correctness can only be done through years of documenting good, original cars.....to see what they had installed.
Having said that.....
2435961 and 1300523 have been found on original '68's. There are others as well.
The correct install on the 1300523 is on the firewall nipple closest to the engine.....to the outer water pump nipple.

69bfan

That is very true in that most parts books that you will find are the ones that have had two to three revisions and thus the part numbers have been super ceded a number of times.  In 30 plus years of being involved in the reproduction of parts and using the parts manuals, I have never ran across the first edition of any one print of the parts manuals.  I would imagine that as updates came down with a new copy of the parts manual, the old copy was directed to be trashed.

That is why there are many discrepancies with some parts.  Battery cables and some weatherstripping found as assembly line pieces will never show up in some of the parts manuals.  That is why in reproducing the parts, you have to go off of documented originals which is becoming more and more difficult to do.  Factor into the mix that Chrysler would have for most parts at least three different vendors for any one given part, thus more discrepancies and confusion as to what is correct.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Rudderguy

This is great info. I now know which correct numbered hoses to buy.

Thanks everyone. And yes...the parts books have eaten up a lot of my time!
Rudder Guy