News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

18 spline 4 speed xs29 trans found, is this your car?

Started by cbrestorations, June 11, 2019, 08:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 20, 2019, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 20, 2019, 06:54:17 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on June 19, 2019, 08:49:17 PM
THis one seems legit to me.
I cringe though when I hear of dash frames, fender tags and other numbers being removed from one car and transferred to another.

I'm probably misunderstanding what you've wrote here

I was referring to two different scenarios. The topic here is different entirely from a situation where a pristine 318 car gets it's numbers cut out and replaced with an R/T VIN, fender tag and stampings. I did not mean to imply that this car had been subject to that, I was making a comparison of two different situations.

:cheers: :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

djcarguy

spoolinhard

I was buying parts near Glenwood IA today. I ran across the fender tag to this car; I had it in my hand. I can pass on the info to the owner. The guy that has the tag just had it lying on his bench. He nabbed it back in the day when he was purchasing parts off the car.

Kern Dog

This is some interesting stuff. Before the age of the internet, once a car was parted out, I doubt the pieces ever were put back together.   :2thumbs:

cbrestorations

Ok...the numbers trans was found, now the fender tag is available and the original body is intact with the numbers in it. Why in the hell would the owner not want to get a vin tag re-popped to be able to put this car back on the streets??? sounds like a no brainer to me.

cbrestorations

Even that dummy Alaskan t/a shouldn't deny it now...

spoolinhard

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 06, 2019, 06:43:59 PM
This is some interesting stuff. Before the age of the internet, once a car was parted out, I doubt the pieces ever were put back together.   :2thumbs:

We were standing there shootin the shit after I bought a chally door from him. I told him that I was a charger guy, so he started telling me about a super solid 69 4 speed charger that he got parts off of back in the day. He said that he wished he would have purchased the shell, but it was sold when he went back to inquire about it. Nothing really stuck out at me until he said that he grabbed the tag off it. Then he was like, "as a matter of fact I think it's right here on the bench." He reached down and grabbed it. I thought of this thread.

Kern Dog

Stuff like this makes great magazine articles too!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cbrestorations

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 08, 2019, 07:57:27 AM
Now on eBay....Who's Tim??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133104269997?ul_noapp=true

Don't know...I sold it to a guy named James about 2 years ago. He went thru a divorce and had to sell everything, so this must be the new owner

Ghoste

spoolinhard

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 06, 2019, 08:06:15 PM
Ok...the numbers trans was found, now the fender tag is available and the original body is intact with the numbers in it. Why in the hell would the owner not want to get a vin tag re-popped to be able to put this car back on the streets??? sounds like a no brainer to me.

If you are really interested in having the original parts to the car reunited, why not provide the owner of the body with the info of the owner of the trans?

cbrestorations

Quote from: spoolinhard on July 09, 2019, 04:43:11 PM

If you are really interested in having the original parts to the car reunited, why not provide the owner of the body with the info of the owner of the trans?

Tried...don't think he cares

spoolinhard

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 09, 2019, 05:01:29 PM
Quote from: spoolinhard on July 09, 2019, 04:43:11 PM

Tried...don't think he cares

I'm not sure that's the case. I have been pming Chad; he said your inbox is full