News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what someone just pulled from the junkyard

Started by TruckDriver, March 28, 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Best of luck with your surgery and recovery.  Willbe pulling for you :cheers:

Ghoste

krops cars

A couple of weeks ago I was scanned and I' am cancer free right now. I lost feeling in 3 fingers on each hand. I hope it comes back. Takes longer to work on stuff. Just relearning. I want to thank you guys for kind words and asking about my car. I look at it. Could be a lot worse.

Birdflu

Great news! Cancer certainly SUCKS! My wife just celebrated her 10 year! Hopefully your re-learn goes quickly!

70B5Cuda

That's rough. Best of luck on the recovery. What kind of cancer surgery did you have? I know your pain exactly! I got t-boned in my 69 charger on Christmas Eve and the emergency room scans found bone cancer in my right arm. I had the top third of my right humerus replaced with a cadaver bone and had a complete shoulder reconstruction in January....and I'm only 36 years old. Ive been in therapy 3 days a week for 3.5 months now and i still can't lift my arm out to my side or up in front of me. It makes it very difficult to get anything done. Hang in there!
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

krops cars

I was right. Could be worse. I had thyroid cancer. Normal takes 2 hours for surgery. Mine was 9 hours. The doctor said if I would have waited a couple more years he said he wouldn't have been able to do anything. What really sucks is that I was loosing my voice 10 years earlier. The doctor was a dick. Said my whole problem is that I was a smoker and drink soda. When he put the scope through my nose he rammed it in there. My wife was with and could not believe it. So last January our insurance switched went to new care giver guy found it during a yearly physical. I would say 3 weeks after I had surgery. Then the largest radiation pill then 35 beam radiation treatments.

jefferson

Quote from: krops cars on July 12, 2019, 07:31:50 AM
I was right. Could be worse. I had thyroid cancer. Normal takes 2 hours for surgery. Mine was 9 hours. The doctor said if I would have waited a couple more years he said he wouldn't have been able to do anything. What really sucks is that I was loosing my voice 10 years earlier. The doctor was a dick. Said my whole problem is that I was a smoker and drink soda. When he put the scope through my nose he rammed it in there. My wife was with and could not believe it. So last January our insurance switched went to new care giver guy found it during a yearly physical. I would say 3 weeks after I had surgery. Then the largest radiation pill then 35 beam radiation treatments.

Everyone thinks just because they have the title of a DOCTOR they know everything. KNOW IT ALLS. Absolutely not the case. drinking Soda was the cause of loosing your voice or thyroid, what a crock of bull. I drink SODA every single day and have not had any issues, blood work and regular checkups are beyond perfect. What gets me is DRs making these ridiculous claims yet there are pubmed and studies done out there that actually a lot of the time, prove the DR wrong. All it takes is a little googling to find the studies and reading and wolah.

Good to hear you found a better carer though, they are far and few between it seems.

krops cars

If the one doctor would have not been such a dick and looked farther it would have been easier. At least someone got it taken care of before it was to late.
I made it to a full member now. Awesome

billssuperbird

I think when it comes to doctors and hospitals all of his about the money

70B5Cuda

For the last 10 years I've been very skeptical of general practitioners and family doctors. There is simply too much for them to know. I do lots of research on my own issues, I feed them the info, and then I push for further action. If I have surgery, I research to find who is the best. I had a knee surgery 18 years ago and the knee was never right after that. I injured the same knee 15 years later so I asked a physical therapist who the best two knee surgeons were in the area. When my insurance tried to send me back to the original guy who did my surgery, I politely demanded that I get one of the two knee surgeons that the physical therapist suggested. I got the good surgeon and my knee is now the best it's been in 18 years. You have to be your own advocate or you won't get taken care of.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60