News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best place to acquire parts for a Daytona Clone

Started by Mopar0670, July 05, 2019, 07:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar0670

Been throwing around the idea of making my 1970 Dodge Charger R/t  a Daytona clone, starting my research just wondering where the best place to get parts for the conversion is at. Thanks in advance for any input

chargervert

These days,a combination of parts from several vendors will yield the best results. Some of the peices need to be made out of metal to have lasting function and durability.  The headlight buckets and pivots,and the zee bars need to be steel. There are fiberglass parts that are good to better quality, and I recommend an aluminum wing. There is a member here that makes cast aluminum wings. Dane,aka Daytona Guy is that guy. Dayclona and Rick Fairless offer steel wingcar parts. Erik Nelson also makes steel parts too,but the quality is not as good. Ted Janak and Stinger offer fiberglass parts. Ted has a higer quality line that is nice. Stay away from Show Cars parts they are absolute crap. I guess it would depend on the level that you want you clone to be at ,which vendors you will use,and the amount you will spend to achieve that level. Some people use the rear hatch from a mid 70s Chevy Vega to make the rear window plug ,glass and window moldings from. There are several threads on here of people who have done this conversion. Auto Metal Direct was offering correct as original rear window glass, and moldings, but plan on spending about 2 grand to go that route, and check on availability before putting in an original style window plug, only to find out later that there is no more OEM style rear glass or window moldings available. They make them in very limited runs. Most guys go the Vega plug route to save money, and glass is readily available. Unless you are parked next to an original Daytona at a show, most people will not know the difference.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mopar0670 on July 05, 2019, 07:16:09 AM
Been throwing around the idea of making my 1970 Dodge Charger R/t  a Daytona clone, starting my research just wondering where the best place to get parts for the conversion is at. Thanks in advance for any input

I can help you out with a few things:

http://www.grizzlysgarage.com/

Mopar0670

Thanks for the reply and help I will probably for sure go with the AAR kit I want this to be a ratty race car style. I will slowly be collecting the parts for it. And definitely will be asking lots of questions the only thing I'm going to do is the plug for the rear.

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar0670 on July 06, 2019, 11:37:41 AM
Thanks for the reply and help I will probably for sure go with the AAR kit I want this to be a ratty race car style. I will slowly be collecting the parts for it. And definitely will be asking lots of questions the only thing I'm going to do is the plug for the rear.
if your going to do a plug  buy a vega hatch   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chargervert

There's a cast aluminum wing in the parts for sale section here on Dodge Charger.com right now.

held1823

i have this set of steel z brackets available

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

chargervert

Mopar 0670,you need those steel Zee bars no matter whose parts you use,you should grab them while you can.

6PakBee

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have contact information for Rick Fairless?  Thanks.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

aerolith

I was thinking about this the other day as well.

There needs to be a 'sticky list' of Daytona and Superbird 'CLONE' parts and suppliers!

How many folks have started parts collections and not got around to actually building?

I bet there are many 'parts for clones' already waiting to find a good (new) home lol...

Happy Christmas to all who have done a CLONE and all those yet to start...

''Its now or never'', I once heard someone say???

Happy NEW YEAR to all Charger and Superbird folks too... :RedXShoot:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

MoPaR 312

winghawg

kevs1969daytona

Do not have those z brackets made from figerglass, they will implode at 110 mph. get them custom made frommetal

A383Wing

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on February 27, 2022, 11:54:17 PM
Do not have those z brackets made from figerglass, they will implode at 110 mph. get them custom made frommetal

do you have proof of that, or are you just pulling numbers out of the air?

held1823

at the moment, I'm the best place to acquire a lower valance for a Daytona but it's a one and done deal, lol
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

daytonalo

I have two pair stainless a-pillar trim for sale under parts for sale

Old Moparz

Quote from: A383Wing on February 28, 2022, 07:13:52 PM

:smilielol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFP-lJ94h1Q
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

AZMoparMike

Or if your budget is right, there are guys like myself that have NOS wing washers, NOS plags, wings, cones, buckets and other parts for Daytonas that acquired over the years that people sell to me since a have several birds. Personally I only like the birds but know parts value when i find rare daytona stuff.

A383Wing

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 10, 2022, 04:24:09 PM

I have seen that video before....I'm still waiting for Kev's proof of his "imploding Z-brackets" story and where he came up with that MPH number

Bryan

AZMoparMike

Quote from: A383Wing on March 23, 2022, 02:06:59 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on March 10, 2022, 04:24:09 PM

I don't find it that hard to believe if it was Show Car Robs parts  :)

I have seen that video before....I'm still waiting for Kev's proof of his "imploding Z-brackets" story and where he came up with that MPH number

Bryan

MoPaR 312

Anyone have a trunk lid cap for sale or know anyone that makes them?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: MoPaR 312 on May 16, 2022, 09:28:40 PM
Anyone have a trunk lid cap for sale or know anyone that makes them?

I sent you a private message.