News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl top molding and Charger sail panel emblem installation question

Started by g-man70, July 05, 2019, 12:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-man70

Greetings,

Is it possible to fasten the vinyl top moldings and Charger sail panel emblems entirely from the trunk? Or do some of the fasteners have to be done from the interior? I was hoping to leave the interior intact if possible.

Thanks!

green69rt

Quote from: g-man70 on July 05, 2019, 12:21:02 PM
Greetings,

Is it possible to fasten the vinyl top moldings and Charger sail panel emblems entirely from the trunk? Or do some of the fasteners have to be done from the interior? I was hoping to leave the interior intact if possible.

Thanks!

First the trim that goes at the bottom of the sail panel.  The fasteners that go toward the front, nearest to the quarter window are spring loaded push-in fasteners.  You don't need access to the inside of the car.  The last two fasteners (close to the trunk lid) are nuts and screws the are easy to get to from inside the trunk.

Next, the moldings at the drip rail are just push on and will clamp in place.  Front and rear moldings, at the windows are held on with molding clips.  

For the "Charger" emblem, I looked at mine and the emblem is held on with Pal nuts so yo'll need to be able to get a wrench or socket on it.  I don't think you'll have much luck, if you manage to do it with the headliner in place, please post on here how you did it.  Because it's so hard, some folks on here have glued the emblem on.

Forgot to add that I have a 69, maybe it's easier with a 70.

g-man70

Thanks green69rt. I should have mentioned I have a 68. I plan to work on this over the weekend and will post an update.

g-man70

One option I'm considering is using barrel nuts. I don't like the idea of having to drill larger holes though..

g-man70

Update: On the vinyl top moldings, the spring clips were too long for the two front holes so I trimmed them. On the sail panel emblems, only one of the studs was available thru the trunk so I ended up using adhesive. I had to bend them slightly to match of contour of the panel. Turned out great!

g-man70