News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The hobby has lost another great.... RIP Dave Walden !

Started by resq302, July 06, 2019, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Dave and I have been friends for many years probably starting back to when he was restoring the white challenger as I was working on Mom's 70 challenger convertible at the time. I had talked to him many, many times where it became almost a daily call between either him calling me or me calling him about various things. I was fortunate enough to have met him and his wife Cindy two years ago out at Carlisle when he had the 4 door out there. Shortly after that is when he told me that he found out he was sick. While I had never met him up till that point, he felt like a brother that I never had.

Dave's passion for cars was second to only his love for his family and friends. As we all know, Dave wouldn't make anything that wasn't EXACTLY as the factory would have done it or it would have been tossed in the garbage. His attention to detail was exquisite. Who else would have thought to go through and index every nut and bolt on a car just to put it back exactly as it would have been built. Its that attention to detail that made me want to push myself to "better" my cars that I did. He made a huge impact on the hobby with producing some of the finest things that have ever been made or even thought of. The world lost a great person, innovator, car enthusiast, friend, and family member. Rest In Peace my friend !
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Sorry about that. I did a search first and it came back with no results. Otherwise I wouldn't have started a new topic.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Lennard

Quote from: resq302 on July 06, 2019, 01:57:30 PM
Sorry about that. I did a search first and it came back with no results. Otherwise I wouldn't have started a new topic.
It ain't a big deal, I just wanted to give you the link to the one started yesterday.  :2thumbs:

resq302

Brian

hemi68charger

Dave had a lot of vision and an eye for mopar detail and he made name for himself...  Love his products...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection