News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why does this site shut down several times a month?

Started by Kern Dog, October 23, 2019, 06:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Birdflu

Quote from: Troy on November 10, 2019, 12:28:51 AM
The site (well, whole server) has officially "gone down" twice in approximately 4 years (both in the last 8 months). Most people likely only noticed the last one because I was across the country without internet service or a laptop to fix it. I could explain the exact problem (it's very simple) but most people would have no idea what I was saying.

If you've noticed the site is slow or unresponsive for several minutes, that's either because we're getting flooded with spam/attacks or because I'm in the middle of wiping them out. I try to keep the disruption to a minimum but I'm busy these days so I get to it when I can. My hosting company offers a fully managed plan if anyone would like to pay for it.

Troy

Thank you for the explanation and your continued effort to keep this site going for us!  :punkrocka:

alenglish

>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

c00nhunterjoe

I want top notch, and someone else to pay for it....

Kern Dog

That is sarcasm. I don't see you as a Liberal.   ;D

A383Wing

Quote from: BSB67 on October 27, 2019, 12:19:20 PM
All these comments have merit.

I'll toss a strange one out there,....you get what you pay for.

step up and make a donation...take over the site and make it what you want it to be..

VegasCharger