News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger side Mark lights also blinkers ?

Started by Canadian1968, July 11, 2019, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

The small rounder side marker light on a 68, are they supposed to flash with the signal ?

I have installed led bulbs in all lights except my headlights .  Every thing works except when I put my signal on . all four side markers flash instead of just one side ?   Any ideas I have a crossed wire someone .  I stared at the wiring diagrams but can't figure it out

Lennard

The side marker lights are not supposed to flash.

Bronzedodge

If a turn signal causes both sides to flash, look for a bad ground - sometimes too much paint.
Mopar forever!

A383Wing

the side marker lights are only supposed to be on steady when parking or head lights are on......they are not designed to flash with the turn signals.....they are only a single wire going to them for running lights only

If yours are flashing as you say, I bet you are getting a feedback from your front and rear LED bulbs that you installed......look close at your dash at night with the parking lights on......do your in-dash turn signal green indicators also light up dim as well?

To stop the feedback issue, either get a quality LED 1157 bulb for all the front and rear of the car, or another way is to put a one way diode in the parking and turn signal circuits

Bryan

Canadian1968

I swapped out the rear bulbs in the tail lights back to regular bulbs left the LED in the turn signails and park lights ... seems to have fixed the problem !

I knew it was something to do with the LED just didn't know what !

Canadian1968

going to bring this thread back from the dead.  I had read some previous LED installs that don't mention the feed back problem ? I am getting a led flasher to replace the original. Will this fix the feed back problem ? If not, is it simply because of the led bulb quality ? if I need to put in a one way diode ....where exactly would I put them ? 

A383Wing

Quote from: Canadian1968 on September 08, 2019, 05:36:34 PM
going to bring this thread back from the dead.  I had read some previous LED installs that don't mention the feed back problem ? I am getting a led flasher to replace the original. Will this fix the feed back problem ? If not, is it simply because of the led bulb quality ? if I need to put in a one way diode ....where exactly would I put them ? 

The LED flasher will not stop the feedback issue....the flasher is only designed to stop the "hyper-flash" after installing the LED bulbs.

Better quality LED's may stop the feedback issue, if not, you have to put diodes in the parking and turning circuits to the bulbs

Bryan