News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Configuration of rear brake bracket?

Started by BrugeeRT, July 14, 2019, 05:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

So I took off the rear brake bracket that is near the gas tank in between the hard line and the flexible line.  The original flexible line was held in place by one c-clip and rust.   Now that I got the bracket cleaned up and painted, I can't figure out what keeps the line from moving on the one side.   There is the c-clip on one side, but is there supposed to be a clip in the grove on the other side?   Does the hard line keep it from moving?
Mark

green69rt

Hope these help.  Looks like your clip is on the wrong side of the bracket.  Hose goes thru from opposite direction.

John_Kunkel

Everything is OK but you're missing a clip for the groove on the hard line side. Dorman #1457.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

green69rt

Here's a drawing of what I was trying to describe.  John has the correct clip, the C clip you got wouldn't be correct for our cars.  But you have the arrangement wrong.

Whoops, just looked again and I see what John is saying.  Is that for a 68/69 Charger?  Here's the arrangement on my car.  You can see that the bracket is trapped between the hex and the clip.

green69rt

I finally figured out what that brake line is.  The original post shows a brake line for the FRONT of my car.  My car has a C clip on one side and the clip John referenced on the other side the for the front brake line bracket.  My rear line is different.  I wonder if BrugeeRT got his lines mixed up, or does it even matter?

BrugeeRT

Thanks green69 and John! It's on the rear of a 68. The problem is the "hex" on the drawing is the same size as the hole (not bigger) so if there isn't a clip of some sort on one side, the line is going to move.  This Is an aftermarket flex line so it might be a little different.  I ordered some of those Dorman clips and I think that will do the trick.  Thanks for helping me figure it out!
Mark