News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sox & Martin

Started by UFO, July 16, 2019, 08:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UFO

erndog

What ever happened to that car?

Redbird

The standard repeated story is lost in a towing accident.

erndog

now if I won the lottery......that would be a very cool replica to build!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Redbird on July 31, 2019, 02:01:57 PM

It is known, it is in very rough shape at last report.

krops cars

Sorry, Trying to fallow. One guy says lost in a towing accident and one guy says it's in bad shape. Is it still around?

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                        02 August 2019

I think Sox and Martin also had "Hemi Under Glass?"

About six or eight years ago, I was contacted by a person claiming ownership of that car; he claimed he ran it in paid exhibition's; also asked me to donate (no typo's here) the Carbs to him. I gave up my Charitable tax status 79 years ago.

I guess it never hurts to ask; needless to say, I still have them. Seems like yesterday that I ordered them then ran off to Japan for another three years.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

62 Max

As for S/M cars,here are two that were sold to Valley Motors in Altoona,PA  and raced at Peterson Memorial Dragway in Tipton,PA in the 70's.

gtx6970

Quote from: Devil on August 01, 2019, 08:54:49 PM
Quote from: Redbird on July 31, 2019, 02:01:57 PM

It is known, it is in very rough shape at last report.

Care to elaborate?
And which one.?
S+M had 2 Superbirds

Redbird

S&M had only 1 Superbird. It was raced in 2 different ways; SS/E and C/MP. It was only raced in about 6 races for S&M. Not very successful offering. Awfully heavy car. Very tough on ring and pinions.

It was sold and raced by another party.

Supposedly in a towing accident.

Supposedly paperwork may still exist.

Looked great in pictures.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: erndog on July 31, 2019, 02:11:57 PM
now if I won the lottery......that would be a very cool replica to build!

There is a Replica of it built that runs around my neighborhood in Detroit, Guy named Papas has had it for many years. I'm sure lots of people are familiar with this car. LEON.

hemi-hampton

PIC.

TheAutoArchaeologist

I'm not allowed to talk about it.  But the car does still exist.  It is in the South. 

billssuperbird

It looks like in the last picture there's another Superbird Park on the other side of that  barracuda

chargervert

Look at the wing on the Superbird, and the wing on the car on the other side of the Cuda,it looks like a Daytona wing.

Redbird

Probably something like a customer's car, the Neeley Daytona for example.

odcics2

Quote from: Devil on August 05, 2019, 11:44:13 PM
I'm not allowed to talk about it.  But the car does still exist.  It is in the South. 

lol, but you just did...

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

Quote from: Redbird on August 06, 2019, 09:03:09 AM
Probably something like a customer's car, the Neeley Daytona for example.

Right on.

Birdflu

Quote from: Devil on August 05, 2019, 11:44:13 PM

It looks like you just did... :scratchchin:

nascarxx29

Heard similar story super chicken is in Louisiana
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

I thought it was lost so it is good to hear it exists.

hemi-hampton

:scratchchin:

6bblgt

:scratchchin: ..... :slap:

Redbird

The latest 2 Hemi-Hampton pictures look like the Pappas car. Note the  fender scoops, rear mirror, and black interior.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Redbird on August 11, 2019, 09:59:03 AM
The latest 2 Hemi-Hampton pictures look like the Pappas car. Note the  fender scoops, rear mirror, and black interior.

Yes, It is, I took those pics myself many years ago when I went to Pappas house to pay him a visit. Bought some 5 star Video's while I was there. LEON.

odcics2

Quote from: Redbird on August 11, 2019, 09:59:03 AM

And the exhaust tips.

Real car would have gone faster with functional scoops, especially with all that air building up because they didn't use a front spoiler.  :brickwall:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

UFO

Super chicken

greulings

Quote from: UFO on August 15, 2019, 12:49:29 PM
Super chicken
UFO, those are some SPECTACULAR bird pics!  Do you have anymore of the S&M Superbird/SuperChicken?  Wish we knew more about the accident...I've heard that it happened in Georgia, and that's when it lost the nose cone and wing.  Can't remember where I read that, though.
Drive it like you stole it!

Redbird

I'm curious as to what the oval sticker on the wing on the Superchicken is. I recognize the upper sticker as what looks like a Don Grotheer sticker.

aerolith

Stunning pictures of an iconic Birdie indeed.

Here is one of a UK clone built on a real 70-GTX at Brands-Hatch racing circuit in Kent, England
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623