News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

japanese beetle

Started by krops cars, July 23, 2019, 08:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

What are people doing to get ride of them. They are wiping out my raspberries.

odcics2

I used to use Sevin.  Fair results.  I tried traps and that attracted more.

Better way is grub killer in spring and it gets the larvae in the ground before they turn into beetles.
Try that next year.

Maybe put a praying mantis egg case in the bushes next year.

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

birdsandbees

Wife was just complaining about these shinny metallic looking beetles in her garden...

She's been told to cut off the section they are on and stick them into vinegar to kill them.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

67tbird

Google milky spore grub control. I had a problem with moles last year, tried chemicals, didn't work, this year I have put down two treatments of milky spore and haven't seen a mole(they love the beetles). You do 3 treatments for 3 years and they protect the property for 10 years. That or else recruit some moles!!! :rofl:

krops cars

You guys will think this is weird. When I spray for  grubs it kills the night crawlers. That sucks. I fish. I would rather get ride of the beetles.

67440chrg

I agree about not wanting to get rid of worms. I fish also but they are real good for composting the soil. If you put 5 or 6 tablespoons of dawn dish liquid per gallon in a sprayer and spray the plants it will kill the beatles I some time use a little more but only on well established plants.. I use it for squash bugs you will watch the bugs fall off as you spray. Try it on a small area as I have only used it on squash, zucchini and cucumbers. Seven dust will keep them off but not kill them as fast as the soap.

odcics2

Quote from: 67tbird on July 23, 2019, 01:36:32 PM
Google milky spore grub control. I had a problem with moles last year, tried chemicals, didn't work, this year I have put down two treatments of milky spore and haven't seen a mole(they love the beetles). You do 3 treatments for 3 years and they protect the property for 10 years. That or else recruit some moles!!! :rofl:

Post a pic of a mole climbing a bush to eat beetles.  That, I'd like to see! 

odcics2

Quote from: krops cars on July 23, 2019, 02:03:48 PM
You guys will think this is weird. When I spray for  grubs it kills the night crawlers. That sucks. I fish. I would rather get ride of the beetles.

Use granulated grub killer, JUST around the areas with the beetles, not all over.

There should be plenty of worms left around for you to harvest...   :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

FLY/Wasp spray Kills them easily.  Just make sure your wash your fruit before eating it.  :2thumbs:

sunfire69

Not sure how you feel about pesticides but Talstar works well on them just follow the directions, it can be used on fruit bearing plants but I think once they fruit you can't use it.. again follow the directions at this stage a daily dose of a Dawn mixture is probably you safest bet....
Talstar works on stink bugs too....I get it at Southern States....just keep it out of water ways...