News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 valance corners ??

Started by Highbanked Hauler, July 25, 2019, 03:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

in setting the ass end of my 68 I was lining up the AMD valance corners which have a "tail" on them. Where does the tail fit, does it go between the trunk floor extension and the quarter or does it weld to the bottom of the quarter ??  Thanks.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

armor64

doing this part of the car has been the roughest for me, but i believe the tail at the bottom goes under/on the quarter panel bottom edge, i think bent forward (pointing towards the front of the car). i put it above the bottom lip, not sure if correct, but it looks better, and i haven't found great pics of the area to help me either.

kent

Check this out. It might help, it might not? Great video just the same. I like that young fella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9P9MhRHME&t=2520s
Kent

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: armor64 on July 26, 2019, 06:58:07 AM
doing this part of the car has been the roughest for me, but i believe the tail at the bottom goes under/on the quarter panel bottom edge, i think bent forward (pointing towards the front of the car). i put it above the bottom lip, not sure if correct, but it looks better, and i haven't found great pics of the area to help me either.

I agree, I am adjusting a bunch of loose parts vise griped together and don't want to cut anything till I am sure that I need to. I am guessing that tail was needed when the pieces went into the jig for welding but I don't see a purpose for it .

kent I have seen some of his videos especially "Daisy" and sheetmetal work that went into it.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Magnumcharger

Here is the corner cap/rear valance/quarter panel interface on an original 1970 Hemi Charger.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed