News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In over my head

Started by dreamcatcher, July 27, 2019, 06:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

After finding all the nasty rusting happening to the inside of the top edge I sealed up that gap with "Sugru" a clay like putty that drys to hard rubber. (I drove around with no interior for a year looking for leaks. )  :2thumbs:

Pat1973charger

The gap your showing between the 1/4 and the trim that wraps around the rear window corner is like that. I've seen some original cars that have the same gap. First time I looked at it on one of my rusted heaps I thought something was way wrong until I saw a couple others that I know have original sheet metal.

mmcquay

That's exactly how the gap looks on both sides of my 68.  Original vinyl top car, original quarters still on it, but vinyl top not on it right now.
'68 Charger w/440

http://hotdabble.com

dreamcatcher

Well back on track with the front fender. The place I bought them from had their body man tig weld the marker light hole shut and re-drilled it to match the body line. AMD paid for this so priming blocking and ready to paint possibly this weekend... So after a little arguing AMD did come through. My advise is to be sure to look and pre-fit  every part before installation or painting. It pays off!
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!