News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snowbirds

Started by Ghoste, July 31, 2019, 12:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Saw it on another site, my apologies if it's already here.

Aero426

Saw it on Facebook.    What a great shot.    Not common for three Birds at the same place.

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on July 31, 2019, 01:39:40 PM
Saw it on Facebook.    What a great shot.    Not common for three Birds at the same place.

It was when they were new!   :rofl:

As 1970 rolled on, the recession tempered new car sales. Insurance was rising. 

Guessing this is the winter of 70-71??
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Looks like the snow might have improved the aero just a little bit more

Redbird

I am going to guess a late Spring storm in 1970. After the model introduction of '71's it would be likely to have some of the '71's on the front line.

The Tor-Red nose does not match the rest of the car.

6bblgt

DIEHL MOTOR COMPANY INC
US RT 340 S
WAYNESBORO, VA 22980
dlr # 15098

population 1970 ~16,000

Redbird

The dealer in the small town was optimistic ordering the 3 cars.

1970 was a year of inflation, recession, low consumer confidence, and slow economic growth. However, looking at the demographic information of the area and the industry there at the time might suggest the dealer had some personal insight. Access to opening roads, young men with combat pay, stock car popularity, and medium successful industry was likely a plus. An aggressive dealer there probably had a ready market.

Altitude and seasonal weather trends would favor a spring storm.

A cautious dealer in upstate New York might have ordered 1 car. This dealer in rural Virginia ordered 3.

He's selling M-B too.

Birdflu

FJMG

Pretty cool... with that MB sign it appears they saw 35 years into the future!

odcics2

Quote from: Redbird on July 31, 2019, 04:06:19 PM
I am going to guess a late Spring storm in 1970. After the model introduction of '71's it would be likely to have some of the '71's on the front line.

The Tor-Red nose does not match the rest of the car.

When new, Birds were painted in enamel, added wing and cone painted in lacquer.    :yesnod:

Any restored concours wing cars should look the same!!  Same for Daytonas, with the addition of the rear plug being spotted in!!    :yesnod:

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :cheers:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

smithenhiven

Wonder if that dealer has any connection to the still existing Diehl Automotive Group in the Pittsburgh PA area, which still has several dealerships of many makes. 

bannedbird

- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85