News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wayne Wooten started a new facebook page

Started by chargermick, August 05, 2019, 07:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

It seems to me that he is shutting down TDC and has started a new group called Dodge Chargers Unlimited. Has anyone heard anything?

1974dodgecharger

I prefer top dead center at No. 1 piston....

Mytur Binsdirti

MrBrown562

Quote from: chargermick on August 05, 2019, 07:56:32 PM
It seems to me that he is shutting down TDC and has started a new group called Dodge Chargers Unlimited. Has anyone heard anything?

He is working hard to build it up. He posts 10 messages a day.

chargermick

71charger_fan

I don't know who Wayne Wooten is or what TDC is.

A383Wing

Ghoste

It was a registry and a club that Wayne started back in the primitive times of mailing out paper newsletters.  It was inclusive of anything that wore the Charger name and they held a few meets that were Charger only.

metallicareload99

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 05, 2019, 10:29:55 PM
I prefer top dead center at No. 1 piston....

This is the first thing I think of when I see TDC...

Quote from: Ghoste on August 07, 2019, 05:15:00 AM
It was a registry and a club that Wayne started back in the primitive times of mailing out paper newsletters.  It was inclusive of anything that wore the Charger name and they held a few meets that were Charger only.

I wanted to check one out, but obviously it sputtered out before that could happen.  I wonder why let the TDC die, and then apparently restart it now?  I know it's way more work than I can imagine which makes this all the more baffling
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

TexasStroker

Quote from: metallicareload99 on August 09, 2019, 03:39:16 AM
I wanted to check one out, but obviously it sputtered out before that could happen.  I wonder why let the TDC die, and then apparently restart it now?  I know it's way more work than I can imagine which makes this all the more baffling

Same here.  I missed the Boerne event...didn't know it was going to be the last one and just never happen again...looked like a good time.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Chargen69

Quote from: 71charger_fan on August 06, 2019, 06:01:33 PM
I don't know who Wayne Wooten is or what TDC is.

he's the guy that made the deal to buy the remaining 17 chargers from WB after the dukes of hazzard

Ghoste

I think it idled for a little bit because his job took him to sea for extended periods or something like that I heard.  In that time, the world went digital and he was still a print and mail kind of guy I think?  And yes, he was the man who the deal together on those General Lee cars.

metallicareload99

Quote from: TexasStroker on August 09, 2019, 08:44:32 AM

Same here.  I missed the Boerne event...didn't know it was going to be the last one and just never happen again...looked like a good time.

Here we are in the middle of the golden years of the 2nd generation, and aside from the wing car guys I don't know of any "events" recognizing that  :shruggy: It's come and gone for us 68 guys.  If there was ever a time ...

Quote from: Ghoste on August 13, 2019, 05:54:45 AM
I think it idled for a little bit because his job took him to sea for extended periods or something like that I heard.  In that time, the world went digital and he was still a print and mail kind of guy I think?  And yes, he was the man who the deal together on those General Lee cars.

I wonder what's become of the data?  Back in the day it seemed if no one could answer an odd question here or on the old site they said to ask Wayne Wooten?  Obviously he is a wealth of knowledge and has helped out others before so I'm glad it exists in one form or another  :shruggy: 
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

TexasStroker

Quote from: metallicareload99 on August 14, 2019, 02:47:58 AM
Quote from: TexasStroker on August 09, 2019, 08:44:32 AM

Here we are in the middle of the golden years of the 2nd generation, and aside from the wing car guys I don't know of any "events" recognizing that  :shruggy: It's come and gone for us 68 guys.  If there was ever a time ...

I agree...kind of sad there hasn't been more for all the 50th Anniversary events.  I'm still willing to set something up here.  I've brought it up over the years and people never really had much interest (this being Charger only).  I always saw where groups cruised down to Boerne from all over, especially the east.  Amarillo would shave a lot of drive time and we aren't as humid, lol.  Maybe I'll pitch it again.  I would definitely try to hit Boerne if it ever came back to fruition...I have family in the Mason area and usually trek down to Fredericksburg and San Antonio.  I thought the Hangar Hotel in Fredericksburg would serve as a pretty nice venue...it would be a lot closer to Luckenbach too.  Boerne has grown quite a bit since the last Charger meet.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

moparstuart

He told me the registry  thing became a negative and scared people off so he changed the name  , but its basicly the same group  . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I ran into Wayne last week and he's sharp as ever. Such a knowledgeable guy on Chargers

Agreed on him being print guy in a digital world. I was a TDC member in the mid 90s. Then after or around 2000, the Fizzle began.

It was good to see him around and he's retired from work now.

FastbackJon

I went to a TDC event in Seattle in August 2003 and had a blast. They even had the original designers of the cars there, Carl Cameron and Richard Sias.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Kern Dog

If it were possible, I would have bought those guys table dances from some hot looking stripper chicks.   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

That would be a great pair to have a recording of their presentation.

200MPH

yeah I use to love the Tdc meets especially Boerne, TX  as well the ones  in Eldorado,Ks and Southern OK. All Chargers were welcomed no matter the condition, I also got to meet Carl Cameron as well  :cheers:
Charger

Ghoste

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: 200MPH on August 20, 2019, 07:10:46 PM
yeah I use to love the Tdc meets especially Boerne, TX  as well the ones  in Eldorado,Ks and Southern OK. All Chargers were welcomed no matter the condition, I also got to meet Carl Cameron as well  :cheers:

The Waco area may be the point next time...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

AKcharger

I went to Eldorado on 2005...won the long distance drive award...hooray for me

c00nhunterjoe

Im still on the awaiting approval list. Lol