News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sanding marks on Glass

Started by graybo, August 11, 2019, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

anyone have a way to remove DA sanding marks on glass?  I have my original Superbird Glass that is really nice but years ago someone used a DA sander and scratched it.   Any help?  Thanks. :shruggy:

sardillim

i have had some success removing scratches in glass with a wet wool pad on a buffer and a white compound. 

doctor4766

Quote from: sardillim on August 11, 2019, 06:10:00 PM
i have had some success removing scratches in glass with a wet wool pad on a buffer and a white compound. 
Possibly cerium oxide?
But keeping in mind that if you can feel the scratches with your finger nail then there's usually a trench of glass missing.
There is a procedure that involves sanding the surrounding glass down to the same level as the scratch depth gradually using a finer grit polishing pad but often distortion is the trade off.
Look up Novus in your area. If anyone can do it it'll be them.
Gotta love a '69

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: graybo on August 11, 2019, 04:25:52 PM
anyone have a way to remove DA sanding marks on glass?  I have my original Superbird Glass that is really nice but years ago someone used a DA sander and scratched it.   Any help?  Thanks. :shruggy:

Yup...here ya go..

http://www.autometaldirect.com/glass-c-27.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

graybo

I found that ECS will date code your glass to your exact match.  My glass is salvageable, but its good to know.  The date codes on my glass are all over the place.  109  119 099 199 .  But its MOPAR.  Not unusual at all.  Thanks to all for your advice. :cheers: