News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is there a headlight bucket assembly thread on here?

Started by held1823, September 05, 2019, 10:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

getting ready to start trying to put the puzzle together, and can't recall ever seeing anyone lay out the steps

is there a thread detailing the procedure? i've tried searching, but to no avail

pretty sure i have all of the pieces, so that's a plus
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BS27ROB

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but Mike G. DAY CLONA had posted this which may be helpful.

"Assembly procedure basically for a nosecone is: assemble light buckets completely, turn nose over on it's top skin, install each light bucket in the cone's headlight openings, there's 5 skinny head special bolts that need to be installed along with each bucket, you do this first because you can't install the 3 side bolts later, only the front 2 bolts of each bucket could be installed later if desired, the bolts are installed in the side flanges first, then the bucket assy is lowered onto the flanges, the buckets have a slot to allow the bolt to slide the bucket into place, then you install each Z bar, tighten the 3 lower flange bolts on the bottom center section previous posted above to hold the Z bar in place, the various holes you see on the Z bar allows the bolts/nuts that hold the headlight bucket assy together to protrude thru the Z bar, there is 1 upper bucket bolt that uses an angled bracket that holds the headlight pivot safety spring, this pinches the Z bar between the angled brace/bracket and the headlight bucket, when you have these major components together, than you can flip the nose over/upright, and begin the tedious chore of cam alignment to pitch/yaw/raise/lower the outer doors in the closed position to achieve alignment, then the entire cone can be bolted to the C frames mounted on the vehicle by the 6 bolts per side located in the lower Z bar section that attaches to the C frames, the C frames use 2 bolts per side to attach themselves to the frame, ( using bumper bracket frame bolts) the upper latchtray is also a major support piece tying in the cone to the upper radiator yoke, there's a ton of smaller details like cross braces, air seals, etc that I left out, I just covered the basics for now, once you have all the pieces, you'll see how it falls into place, or just ask here....."

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701