News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tachometer wiring ?

Started by mAdMoPaR, August 14, 2019, 11:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mAdMoPaR

I'm currently working on putting my dash back together and was wondering what do I need to do if I swapped out my rallye clock for a factory tach(not the tic toc tach  :'( ) I'm converting it to a 4 speed from an automatic. Does my original dash harness have to be swapped or can I keep it? Does it come with prewired for a tach?   :cheers:

BLK 68 R/T

Harness is the same. Separate harness for the tach. Have to drill hole in firewall for factory location, or route it another way.

mAdMoPaR

Seen tach harnesses labeled engine side and dash side, is the dash side one size fits all?

71charger_fan

I bought a tach harness for my '71. It was made with the wrong color wires. I just ran a power lead to a switched accessory circuit and brought a signal lead from the coil though the otherwise unused cavity in the bulkhead disconnect. I don't know if the 2nd gens have a cavity in the bulkhead disconnect or not. If they do, it's not hard to crimp on a couple of Packard 56 connectors and insert them.

mAdMoPaR

I just replaced my bh connector and did notice a few empty cavities, and just happen to have some extra 56 terminals. What about the lighting? I see a hole for a bulb on the lower right of the tach if looking at it from the backside.

71charger_fan

Do you have an extra bulb socket for a 57 bulb? Just plug that in to the hole and tie it into the cluster light harness

71charger_fan

This is the tach harness I bought for my '71 that I wound up not using. Oddly enough, the instructions that came with it showed the correct color wires and where to route them, but the harness itself was made from incorrectly colored wires.