News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

50th Anniversary Daytona Hellcat

Started by JB400, August 14, 2019, 10:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

You would have expected it to at least have a slightly bigger rear spoiler!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

wingcar

Nice Charger, But it's NOT a Daytona.....

"Decals do not a Daytona Make"
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

lukedukem

Quote from: wingcar on August 15, 2019, 09:59:54 AM

Yoda?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

67440chrg

It may not be a real Daytona but its nice and I would drive the s**# out of it.

JB400

At least FCA has recognized the significance of the original enough to bring back a tribute.

bigdsul

Quote from: wingcar on August 15, 2019, 09:59:54 AM

Definitely not a Daytona. Shame that the purists have been targeted with this car but still falls short of the original.

It would be nice to see a 2 door wing car with a nose cone on it otherwise it's not worthy of the Daytona name IMO.

TexasGeneral

I see where they got the idea from

70B5Cuda

1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

taxspeaker

Wrong number of doors-check
No original colors-check
Front spoiler wrong-check
Nose wrong-check
Rear wing missing-check
Daytona name misappropriated for marketing-check
Pissed off actual Daytona owner who thought about maybe getting the car until examined-check

Great job Fiat, er, Chrysler

alfaitalia

Come on boys its just a name! How FCA choose to use it is up to them. None of them are a "Daytona" really. A Daytona is a racetrack or a beach etc....your wingcar is neither of those things!
They are not trying to say its anything like the same car....its just a reminder for marketing purposes ......lets be honest that from a driving point of view there is NOTHING it could not do better than a 69 model....apart from hold value and, depending on a persons point of view ...look better....and I've always though a standard 69 Charger was WAY prettier!

Many car names have been recycled...sometimes many times and not even by the same manufacturer....and often on a car that has nothing to do with the first time the name was used. At least these are/were both high performance cars.
You don't here Shelby moaning that the 1969 Dodge should not had a spoiler because the 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona did not have one!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Lame design elements, and poor writing. Instrument Panel (IP) was written, as if to then abbreviate "IP" going forward. But the author didn't, because the article is awful. Internet writers.  ::)

Ghoste

I wonder how many will buy one actually thinking of it as a 50th Anniversary of the aero car version?