News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd generation Charger rotisserie set-up

Started by hemi68charger, August 18, 2019, 07:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Operation rotisserie;
Hey gang.. Getting closer to blaster and paint-n-body. Question for those that have done Chargers on a rotisserie before, whatcha do for the rear. The attach points to this particular setup is a plate. My friend Dave and I were thinking of square tubing cut to span the width plus extra between the two bumper bracket holes in the rear of the car. Anyone with pictures of their Charger in a rotisserie in the rear? I got the fronts adapted, the rears will take more effort. Due to the body construction of a Charger compared to all other B-bodies, it isn't a simple bolt-on-the-adapter situation. Thanks..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

kent

I went both ways at certain times of my restoration. At first I had her mounted on the bumper brackets. And when I finished the trunk and trunk extension work I mounted her on the rear spring perches(where the rear shackles bolt on to the frame) I'll check to see If I have any good pictures.
Kent

kent

Here's a couple of shots.
Kent

hemi68charger

Quote from: kent on August 19, 2019, 05:40:34 PM
Here's a couple of shots.

Kent,
thanks for the images...  Were those red adaptors already fabricated from somewhere or did you make them?

Everyone.. Thanks for the links and images..... Getting good ideas on what to do... I don't weld and don't have the equipment, but have a friend who does...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection